Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Into A Vk

J

Jaws

steveski21 said:
jaws just a quick question i to have done a couple of these conversions and i was wondering what type of gearbox mount do you use

as i have used 2 different ones and i was wondering what other people use for this conversion
Thats an easy one.

For T700 (VN-VX) use the mount from a VB-VK trimatic, yes it bolts up!.
For T5 use a t400 mount from a HQ(same mount are used on other models too) again this bolts up too.

Both mounts bolt up to the 202 trimatic crossmember. The auto is a simple bolt up job, the T5 requires welding flanges at each end of the trans crossmember.

Aurc_2

Reaction score
the digi dash
Yes it is possible, dioxide has done it.
I was there with him when he sorted it out, I cant remeber every detail but i can find out for you. :D
PS: need to know what gearbox ur running and from what model.

I m Running the t700 from a series 1 vn
also any info you could get on that vk digital dash would be great but are there any easyer suggestions on what dash to use and how
Cheers

Aurc_2

Com_VC

Reaction score
Hi all,

Trying to put a VN tank into my VC, I got the tank bolted in without any trouble but the filler neck sticks too far out. I took the rubber hose off completly.

I think I need to cut the steel filler tube, is that correct?

Z

zaff

Starting to get some really usefull info here guys great stuff.
Few questions. If you gat a complete VN/VP, I'm making a list of things I will need apart from the whole donor car. I've got.
VL steering link
VL 6 fuel return line (not sure if the VN one follows the lines of the early comms)
Can I use the complete VN/VP rear diff/brakes assembly?

Thanks guys

Z

zaff

sounds like u got a vl?
Sorry mate... It's a VH.

I was using a VL because it seems once you bought a complete VN/VP, the few little things you need are off a VL.

At the moment I'm putting a 304i in a VB, but want to do a V6 conversion for my next project. (the mrs car :yeah: )

I will have more questions, I'm sure.

Thanks mate

julian.bielawski

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk berlina
vk engine swap 202 to 308

hi all,just purchased a vk berlina has a black 202 with a 5 speed supra gearbox want to put a 308 in it just want some info on this conversion ie what engine to buy blue,red,black,what bolt pattern,do i need to shorten taishaft etc.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
hi all,just purchased a vk berlina has a black 202 with a 5 speed supra gearbox want to put a 308 in it just want some info on this conversion ie what engine to buy blue,red,black,what bolt pattern,do i need to shorten taishaft etc.

THREAD DIGG.. lol

use the nifty search thingy in the top right corner and search for it cause there are quite a few threads on it im pretty sure, or speak with vk.berlina, he did EFI 5L into his vk berlina and as his sig claims he "is all the info you need for a EFI into a vk conversion"

Last edited: