Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

MACE

Reaction score
"I'm having an issue with my new throttle body I have just installed onto my 2002 Vu ute the trottle body is the mace 69mm upgrade. Now that it's been installed it sits on 3000rpm non stop any ideas how to stop this ??"
Please refer to our fitting instructions and troubleshooter in the links below:

TB601 fitting guide:
http://www.maceengineering.com.au/W...1463/Eco_Thrott_Bod_Install_Instructions_.pdf

Troubleshooter:
Troubleshooter -

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,
Damian

Jas.G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 4.3litre
Do Mace still Sell the throttle bodies for the Vn to Vr v6 buicks engine?
Just been looking on your site an can only find ecotech :(

MACE

Reaction score
Do Mace still Sell the throttle bodies for the Vn to Vr v6 buicks engine?
Just been looking on your site an can only find ecotech :(
At the moment we only sell them for ecotecs :(

This may change in future though.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

RustyNS

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX V6 Berlina, 03 VY V6 Crewman
Hello MACE / Steve,

I see that there have been various things tried and sold over the years for our Ecotec V6s that are no longer available due to a variety of reasons, which is all fair enough.
One thing I see you have listed as still available is the LS1 throttle body adapter for the ecotec, though I have searched and can not find any hits on anyone using this. (My google skills could be at fault) I am interested as I have a 75mm LS1 throttle body I could use. I can see that normally there is little to be gained over a 69mm throttle body while the plenum inlet is ~70mm or so. If the plenum inlet was carefully opened up a couple of mm and used with a plenum spacer etc. would that make a 75mm TB beneficial? Or is it really only of benefit for SC or stroked engines that spend time at WOT?
I am currently modifying a spare inlet manifold to swap into the car and now would be the time to make any further mods to it.

Cheers.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
larger TB just allow more air down low in RPM's so giving you better throttle response, stock engine wont flow much more unless you have engine mods, cam or rockers with intake/exhaust spend your money on those first.

RustyNS

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX V6 Berlina, 03 VY V6 Crewman
Thank you for your concern for my budget. A LS1 adapter from MACE is cheaper than the bored and polished 69mm TB from MACE. Though if I got a new throttle cable instead of modifying the existing parts the price difference would be less and of course the smooth intake piping will need to be changed again to accommodate the larger TB and MAF. Fitting either TB to the VX will need memcal changes.
I was rather hoping for some actual information regarding using a 75mm TB. Particularly information in comparison to the 69mm throttle bodies and anything else directly related to the 75mm TB. Such as the standard ecotec looks like it gets a little of its idle air by having a slight gap around the TB butterfly adjusted with the stop set screw and the LS1 TB closes much more completely but has small hole in the butterfly which is not easily adjusted. Then there is the IAC for the rest. Is the hole in the LS1 TB butterfly already too large for the 3.8? Should the hole be filled and a gap adjusted into the TB the same as the standard? Probably not, but if someone has actually used one and they could share with me some setup information that would be appreciated.
Also such things as does the VX memcal that MACE do for their 69mm TB also work for the 75mm TB? Or is that a special order that they do or do I have to get a custom one from someone else? How is the driveability, will it be too touchy for everyday use or is it still alright for picking up the shopping?
Cheers. :)

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Lol, you don't know who The1 is do you OP? He was politely saying don't waste your money. A stock N/A Ecotec doesn't need any change whatsoever and utilising the 69 or 75 will only change your flow characteristics as far as throttle position and shift points go (requiring a tune) likely leading to a placebo that you've 'improved' your output. You haven't considered the MAF either. IAC issues can be managed via the tune.

The information you're looking for probably doesn't exist because nobody who knows would bother investing resources into it. That's because the Ecotec is a clangy, rattly cast iron piglet, built with the precision of a turd in a twitchy colon and all the smoothing in the world won't change that - it can't eat any more or any better. I love them all but would be shocked if empirical data on the two tb diameters said anything other than no change.

It's totally up to you of course but I'd say as a potential pioneer of misdirection maybe you can post back here the results of your findings.

Are you trying to increase your power here or are we missing something? Have a look at my sig below. I ran 14psi through a stock intake config and it still wasn't restricted.

Ando3418

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pac
Hey guys got this advice on another thread was hoping i could get hold of someone from mace engineering to point me in the right direction. List of supporting mods i Will be doing is: mace cai 12mm plenum spacer 25mm manifold insulator pacemaker extractors and manta exhaust and changing air intake flexible piping to solid piping. Possibly more later on. most likely all done to a freshened up engine.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170406-022512.png
    Screenshot_20170406-022512.png
    247.4 KB · Views: 298

MACE

Reaction score

Ando3418

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pac
Ok at this stage i have a 25mm manifold insulator 12mm plenum spacer with cai soon to come and solid intake piping. Im also planning pacemaker extractors into a 2.5inch high flow cat into a single 2.5inch system to the tips. And a stage 2 cam kit from you guys but at this stage no machining will be done but cam bearings will be replaced. However i am unsure as to whether i will need to balance the engine with having to remove the balance shaft. already have 9mm leads as well. And gonna go to the 82degree thermostat and a custom tune. Havent decided on whether to go the 69mm throttle body yet. What are your thoughts on that and any advice?