Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The photo is not accurate but can assure you that it is a full kit.

Sadly this is correct. Hopefully we will have more by the end of the year.

The price of $565 is for a full kit.

It is.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve
Steve i may need lifters. Should I get roller lifters or are all the lifters on the Buick roller as stock?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Steve may I ask what brand the roller rockers are you sell, Crow?? I just see the grease has Crow on it and was hoping the rockers are too.

MACE

Reaction score
Steve i may need lifters. Should I get roller lifters or are all the lifters on the Buick roller as stock?
The VN-VR V6 engines have roller lifters, which is awesome :)

Steve may I ask what brand the roller rockers are you sell, Crow?? I just see the grease has Crow on it and was hoping the rockers are too.
They are our own, which are based off factory LS1 rockers which we remanufacture.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

louie2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX
Hi Steve. I have a VX v6 and am wondering. Do vx's have a memcal that can be changed out, or is it a whole new ECU. I'm upgrading slowly at the moment and plan to do most by end of year. Also how hard is it to put in a cam stage1 and will I need to change my rockers and valve's etc, as I am planning to get the 1.98 roller rocker kit.

Last edited:

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hi Steve. I have a VX v6 and am wondering. Do vx's have a memcal that can be changed out, or is it a whole new ECU. I'm upgrading slowly at the moment and plan to do most by end of year. Also how hard is it to put in a cam stage1 and will I need to change my rockers and valve's etc, as I am planning to get the 1.98 roller rocker kit.
VX NA v6 needs a flash tune. L67 uses a memcal based PCM I believe so the supercharged engine is a little different in terms of engine management.

And you either change the cam or go for high ratio rockers, not both.

louie2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX
VX NA v6 needs a flash tune. L67 uses a memcal based PCM I believe so the supercharged engine is a little different in terms of engine management.

And you either change the cam or go for high ratio rockers, not both.
Thanks mate.

WICKED STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 holden vs statesman
HIGH RATIO ROLLER ROCKERS

High ratio (1.9:1) & ultra high ratio (1.98:1) roller rockers (stock ratio is 1.65:1) to suit EcoTec V6’s in both naturally aspirated and supercharged form (L36 and L67 engines). A very cost effective way to bump up the performance of your late model Commodore, by increasing valve lift thereby allowing your engine to breathe much more efficiently.

SL372799_small_mace_xsml.jpg
Rockers198_xsml.jpg
Twinthrottlepic_small_mace_xsml.jpg

COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATORS

Manifold insulators are a thermal insulating spacer that mounts between your upper and lower intake manifold. Made from a heat blocking composite, our manifold insulators will increase power from your engine by keeping the intake cooler, and increase low end torque by increasing runner length. Available in both 12mm & 25mm thicknesses for the ecotec & 12mm for the alloytec. Increases low end power by at least 10%!

THICK_MANIFINSUL_ECO_xSML.jpg
MANIF_INSUL_ECO_001_xsml.jpg

ATEC_MI_xsml_001.jpg
ATEC_MI_xsml_003.jpg
ATEC_MI_xsml_002.jpg

CNC PRECISION PORTED THROTTLE BODY

CNC precision ported throttle body is enlarged to a final diameter of 70mm for VN-VR V6 & to a final diameter of 69mm for VS-VY, increasing maximum airflow by over 30%. Backed up by testing, gains of around 10 HP at the rear wheels are to be had if used in conjunction with extractors/exhaust and cold air intake. A greater power gain can be achieved if more mods have been undertaken such as a larger cam, supercharger etc…

eco_tb_xsml.jpg
NONECO_TB_xsml.jpg

MASS AIRFLOW METERS

Installing a large MAF is a very cost effective way to bump up the performance of your late model commodore by significantly increasing air flow through the intake. Available in both 74mm and 85mm.

MAF_01_xsml.jpg
MAF_04_MED_xsml.jpg
MAF_02_RAW_xsml_.jpg

PERFORMANCE PLENUM SPACER

A Plenum spacer is a special spacer that sits between your plenum cover and intake manifold. It's main purpose is to improve air distribution between cylinders by slowing down the air speed inside the plenum chamber. As a result there is less of a pressure drop inside the plenum chamber between cylinders, and less air momentum, resulting in better air distribution and power. Available in both 12mm & 25mm thickness.

P1010443_xsml.jpg
P1010424_xsml.jpg

COLD AIR INTAKE ENCLOSURES

New generation cold air intake/boxes to suit Commodores VB-VZ and Statesmans from VN-VZ, which are a direct bolt on drop-in replacement for your existing air box assembly. The kits include an all new air box, airflow meter safe pod filter, along with mounting hardware required for complete installation.

CAI_VBVL_xsml_.jpg
CAI_VNVP_V6_xsml_.jpg
CAI_VRVS_V6_xsml.jpg

CAI_VTVY_xsml_.jpg
CAI_ATEC_001_xsml_L_.jpg

WICKED STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 holden vs statesman
G'day mace just wondering how much horsepower I would gain from installing a larger maff sensor along with CAI? Looking forward to your response. Cheers. Jayden

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
The MAF isn’t a restriction on a stock v6. The CAI will get you a few hp and some more induction noise and a little more responsiveness.