Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Redback exhaust catback

Bluey88

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 S2 v6 3.8L VT BERLINA WAGON
Hi I have a 2.5 redback catback straight through on my vt v6 wagon it sounds good lumpy and has a crackle when revved my neighbor has said that it sounds like a v8 from a distance I got mine from Value Exaust VE online from ebay and I paid $220 shipping included for a sedan you will be looking at a little more and I saved money by installing myself if you want to hear wat it sounds like msg me on 0422378495 and ask to hear my exaust please dont ring as I dont answer to private numbers

CarlosMaBah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S-Pack Series II
Hi I have a 2.5 redback catback straight through on my vt v6 wagon it sounds good lumpy and has a crackle when revved my neighbor has said that it sounds like a v8 from a distance I got mine from Value Exaust VE online from ebay and I paid $220 shipping included for a sedan you will be looking at a little more and I saved money by installing myself if you want to hear wat it sounds like msg me on 0422378495 and ask to hear my exaust please dont ring as I dont answer to private numbers

You got the 2 muffler catback? or just the single one man?

VTandVB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exe V6 and VB sl V8
hey I have the second option your looking at on my vt (the redback 2 1/2 with rear muffler twin out let). It isn't very loud compared to exhausts ive had with the rear tail only. It sounds very quite at idle and upto about 2500rpm it sounds nice and deep but still not a lot louder than stock, above 2500rpm its not that great sounding in my opinion. It does not crackle at all and dosnt drone. I have an auto vt v6. So if you want a loudish exhaust that makes ppl look at your car don't go the rear muffler. On the otherhand if you want slightly louder and slightly better sounding than stock without drawing much attention go the rear muffler option.

Bluey88

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 S2 v6 3.8L VT BERLINA WAGON
hey just the single straight through been having problems with my car so sorry for taking long to reply

mitchety

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx lumina
Iv got the 2.5 inch redback with the single muffler and it sounds pretty good. Its just a cat back so there isn't any noticeable power gain its just noise and its really easy to fit yourself. I got mine off ebay for $190

mitsuko

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve
You can replace witj sports muffler and tips for a decent cheap fix too may be worth a look mate

Jake Thompson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore 3.6L V6
Hey all i have a vz v6 and i am looking at a redback 2.5* catback, a little worried because i think it may not fit and may impede the drive line of my car, my car has a stock exhaust single mid muffler and rear muffler