Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 scene? much happening?

Jas.G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 4.3litre
Cool, will be interesting to seel how another buick respondes with a solid roller. Just getting it all correct from start to finish an getting the valve train right and cylinder heads & manifold...
This is the reason i kind-of want to pursure it again abit further soon with a Na v6. I know it will never perform like any of the semi serious boosted 6's or v8 gear, still think there is bit left in them. Always thought there would of been atleast 1 or 2 shops in Australia that went real hard with one! Just every shop is interested in the Ls/holden v8 gear or turbo'd ford or jap engines.
Seen that 202. Nice an serious, And been lightened off abit in wieght. The little 202 still has a massive following

na3point8

Reaction score
Yeah definitely mate, the guy i bought the camshaft off builds and races them for speedway, they are well developed and have the ecotechs pushing 330rwhp with a standard throttle body! I was trying to find an off the shelf 3.9"+ piston to use but without also using a stroker crank just can't find anything suitable. What is a set of custom pistons worth these days?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Yeah speedway guys here get them up to around 258 cubic inches with a chev piston but there isn't a lot of gasket sealing space between the cylinders lol

Jas.G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 4.3litre
I haven't priced a set off custom pistons for awhile, been sooo long since i played with my v6. What class are they upto with 330 on the speedway? have heard seen afew here runing between 240 to 280, but they are very restricted on what they are aloud to do in the class here...
Would be Awesome to see someone with a buick run up to a 4.00 inch bore an std 3.4 stroke(257ci's). enough seem around the 3.88 to 3.940 bore an been very reliable!

na3point8

Reaction score
Hey Jas, still around mate?

I'm struggling with solid roller lifters for this thing, i don't want to go down the bronze bush path or $800+ lifter sets, any ideas? I have found Morel make a set Part No 5553 but i can't find anyone to ship them here. What are all the speedway guys using?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Our 3800 uses 2 lengths of tiebar as the middle cylinder lifter spacing is different

Jas.G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 4.3litre
Hay Dan, ahhh sometimes on here.... more on Fb lately, only randomly come on here!
I haven't done anything with my V6 for a long time now, even thow I should an believe I can get it into the 11's.
Ummm, was looking an think Crow cams may be an importer or Morel lifters... so worth a try!
I'll have a look over the next few days an see what I find an can remember.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
To many people keep spamming V6 threads with "just get a V8" and "it's not value for money"......

Which just highlights they have no idea... this LS is costing me a fortune by comparison to Mangforce. I love the boosted 8 but I sure miss that boosted mang...

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I love our little L67 in the missus Calais, she keeps complaining about me stealing it........

Stock they are rather average but with a bit of love and some cash/mods thrown at it they go bloody well. Beats the ass off my stock HSV 185i Senator for sure :(