Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Throttle Body upgrade. Anyone tried one of these ?

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
I have the Vmax ported throttle body, I swapped mine while I was in America and for $150, why not.

Would I recommend it? yes! it's great little mod, power is smoother, gear shifts don't hit a flat spot and it picks up torque a little earlier, but for $300+ I wouldn't bother because price outweighs gains IMO. if you have a manual, I HIGHLY recommend you get a set of manifold insulators. I noticed a bigger difference in that than an OTR, ported throttle body and exhaust.

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
I have the Vmax ported throttle body, I swapped mine while I was in America and for $150, why not.

Would I recommend it? yes! it's great little mod, power is smoother, gear shifts don't hit a flat spot and it picks up torque a little earlier, but for $300+ I wouldn't bother because price outweighs gains IMO. if you have a manual, I HIGHLY recommend you get a set of manifold insulators. I noticed a bigger difference in that than an OTR, ported throttle body and exhaust.

Thanks for the feedback. I've ordered a 12mm manifold insulator since MACE have advised that it is just what I'm looking for :D

Will post results. Cheers.

SV6GUY

Reaction score
Members Ride
MANUAL VE SV6 S2
Thanks for the feedback. I've ordered a 12mm manifold insulator since MACE have advised that it is just what I'm looking for :D

That's what i have in mine, after a couple of hundred k's you'll definitely notice a difference

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6

If you have the spare $$ , go for a Mace CAI as well , I have the 25mm insulators and a CAI in my VZ SV6 and they are a good combo .

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
That's what i have in mine, after a couple of hundred k's you'll definitely notice a difference

A couple of hundred k's ?? How about immediate !! Who would have thought 12mm could make that much difference..... Well in actuality it's more like 15mm since I used 2 modified factory gaskets instead of the blue goop.

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
If you have the spare $$ , go for a Mace CAI as well , I have the 25mm insulators and a CAI in my VZ SV6 and they are a good combo .

Would love to fit the MACE CAI but at $585...... :eek: Will stick with the Growler I have.

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT

How on earth do you fit a 25mm spacer ? I have a 12mm with 2 OEM gaskets and this is how much spare room I have MACE 12mm Spacer.jpg lol..