Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 VN Dragger

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 exec, big pajero, 5speed vn v6 play car
Actually I lied in the above post when i said that the only thing I had done was lower it. By the time those pics had been taken it had the pod, guttet cat convertor, 2 1/2 in exhaust and some weight reduction.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Do you run the pod like that without the headlight all the time? It might be worth a half or a full tenth to make a sealed duct comming right out to where the headlight used to be.

The 9.2 would be the fastest 1/8th mile time that's ever been run in a unopened unboosted VN V6 I'd say. I've seen stock V6's do faster times but they were inside Gemini's. Flat 10's would be more normal for a good run in a 5 speed VN :). Anyway your car has got to have a 14.5 1/4 mile in it right now and maybe a little faster than that

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you run the pod like that without the headlight all the time? It might be worth a half or a full tenth to make a sealed duct comming right out to where the headlight used to be.

The 9.2 would be the fastest 1/8th mile time that's ever been run in a unopened unboosted VN V6 I'd say. I've seen stock V6's do faster times but they were inside Gemini's. Flat 10's would be more normal for a good run in a 5 speed VN :). Anyway your car has got to have a 14.5 1/4 mile in it right now and maybe a little faster than that

Yea mate, at the moment I run the pod like that with the light out. I was either thinking about putting the pod outside the engine bay where the light used to be or running a hornet scoop with probably just a k@n pannel filter somewhere in the intake tube. and yes I would have the air been sucked from the scoop and somehow seal all other air flow off from anyother place than the scoop.

I hope that the 9.2 is at least close to a record, thatll give me something to be proud of :dance:

And about hte quarter mile, theres a bloke that has a performance shop here that races a monaro at calder, he is trying to convince me to go up to calder with him some time soon to see what I can get. So that just might have to happen. Ill make sure that I put up a post saying when that is going to happen so if anyone wants to see they can.
But firstly before I go I really have to get some extractors, whats a race car without them lol.

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
The pod is now out of the engine bay, I extended the intake pipe and crammed the pod into the area where the light use to be. Total cost $0 (it doesnt rain anymore, the shed doesnt need so much down pipe :) )

I had to replace my radiator because of the recent burnout comp, $100 for a good second hand one.

I have just purchased some new plug leads and some super four plugs costing $90 so the whole car is up to $1780 now.

I think for now I am going to run it as is for a bit to see if I can repeat the 9.2, or maybe try to push it down to 9-9.1, but I honestly think it will need extractors to be able to go much harder. Time will see I guess.

Excuse the dirty engine bay, Ill get around to cleaning and painting in there one day soon.

Picture430.jpg

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
looks like u still got the air con and power steering might make a bit of difference. looks quick tho! 135 after 200m ish i barley get that after 400m although i have never done it properly.

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
looks like u still got the air con and power steering might make a bit of difference. looks quick tho! 135 after 200m ish i barley get that after 400m although i have never done it properly.

Na mate, the air con has gone. I even got a shorter serpintine belt so I could even remove the compressor. Im keeping the power steering, cant live without it lol.

If you ever get a chance to run your car on an 1/8th mile give it a go, youll be suprised at the results (traction permitting)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
you had a chance to take it out yet and post some times i recon some headers will help it along nicely too

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Na mate, unfortunately not. I dont reckon itll see a quarter mile untill at least feburary now. I will take it back to the 1/8 mile in hopefully december and try to repeat the 9.2 I got. Ill be happy if I can back that time up a few times.

VRV666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Race meet this comming saturday, im excited :dance: .