Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 dizzy, I can't turn it

Alspos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 Sedan
Hey there,

I'm gunna burn this friggin POS car in a minute.

I'm trying to adjust the timing of my V8 VN and I can't get the dizzy to rotate. I've undone the retaining bolt (why holden made it so bloody hard to get to I'll never know) but the dizzy is stuck fast. I've tried all I can think of and brute force to rotate it...still no luck. I don't want to whack againt the connector on the side, my luck it will break straight off.

Any tips before this thing becomes a bonfire please? :mad:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
have you tried soaking it with WD40 or CRC556. try spraying it when the engine is hot as the heat helps draw the the lubricant in

Vt-Brrrlina

vp bt1 gts replica
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp bt1 5.0ltr full GTS kit
it shouldnt be hard to turn trust me - ive had similar problems mate - yeh try some crc or wd40 mine wasnt loose loose but not tight to turn either - i have a borken thumb and still managed to move it - dont burn it lol - i need a new engine to play with ha ha

Alspos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 Sedan
Thanks for the replies....sprayed with WD40....I can only assume some got in the right place. Left it for 20 minutes and had another crack at it....all good now, bonfire averted.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I still insist there would have been a way to remove it with the inlet manifold on, Mack ;) You're just weak.

dizzy_begins_02.jpg

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i dont know why you guys have so many issues with your dizzys. mine turned fine, and came out easily. did require a bit of phone assistance from rope boy above though

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
I still insist there would have been a way to remove it with the inlet manifold on, Mack ;) You're just weak.

dizzy_begins_02.jpg

Lol, I had my mani off already anyway so it was easier. But as Stocky said, his was fine, it just luck of the draw, some are in there hardcore and others are pussy's (like Stocky, lol) Morton's was intermediate.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Nah mate, mine was hardcore. You're just a softcock.

i dont know why you guys have so many issues with your dizzys. mine turned fine, and came out easily. did require a bit of phone assistance from rope boy above though

I thought you called me "rape boy" for a minute there. You had me worried :p