Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 super cars

nuradh

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ
Hi every one,
does any one know what the green light on the left side front wind screen of a v8 supercar is for pls? Some times it goes reg too. And some times they are turned off.

Thanks

go the 888 racing commodors.

Fitzy09

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Berlina 1998 Not my dp
I think its about the pit stops that they have had. green if they still need to take there stop and red if it has been taken.

the long version:
Compulsory Pit Stops (CPS) – Sprint Rounds

• Two CPS lights compulsory for all Cars, 1 x Yellow and 1 x Green. For all single driver/sprint rounds, the lights will be on at the commencement of the Race and once the part of the stop has been completed the relevant light will be switched off by the Driver.
• At a Sprint Round/1 Driver Race, a maximum of two air impact tools (wheel guns) may be used during a Pit Stop.
• A minimum of two tyres (but they may change up to 4 tyres) must be replaced during a CPS at all Sprint Rounds.
• If the CPS window opens while the Safety Car is on the track, no CPS may be completed until 3 laps have been completed after the Safety Car has been withdrawn.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Green light is for compulsory fuel stop, red is for compulsory tyre stop. The driver turns the light/s off once the required stop has be completed.

Go 888? I don't give a **** if Whincup is in a Holden (sorry, i mean purpose built race car with Holden VE highlights....) now, i'm sick to death of seeing that guy win....

Last edited:

thedeadwalk

thedeadwalk
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S2
and there's a yellow light for the endurance races to signal what driver is in the car cus there's two drivers to a car

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Green light is for compulsory fuel stop, red is for compulsory tyre stop. The driver turns the light/s off once the required stop has be completed.

Go 888? I don't give a **** if Whincup is in a Holden (sorry, i mean purpose built race car with Holden VE highlights....) now, i'm sick to death of seeing that guy win....

Best you stop watching the Supercars then because unless some one does some crazy Wacky Races style s**t it looks like he's just gonna run away with it again.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Also worth mentioning, theres no compulsory fuel stops now, so that light isn't on (pretty sure its the yellow one, only seen the greens on this season)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

So are you dead yet ?