Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars' massive US coup

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
V8 Supercars' massive US coup

Wednesday 25/11/2009 10:30

V8 Supercars Australia, in association with FOX Sports USA, today (Wednesday) announced an exciting new partnership for the next three seasons where SPEED, a member of the FOX Cable Networks with more than 79 million subscribers in North America, will televise the Series to all North American subscribers the weekend after each event.
SPEED is the motorsports authority for NASCAR, Formula One MotoGP, AMA Supercross, the American Le Mans Series, the Rolex Grand American Sports Car Series and many other motorcycle and auto racing series.
SPEED is the exclusive United States broadcaster of the Rolex 24 at Daytona, the 24 hours of Le Mans, Petit Le Mans, the NASCAR Sprint Cup All-Star Race, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and the Gatorade Duel at Daytona.
“V8 Supercars is one of the most exciting forms of auto racing in the world today,” FOX Sports Chairman, David Hill, said.
“It is fabulous to watch and I’m happy that we’ve been able to develop this new partnership with SPEED.”
V8 Supercars Australia Executive Chairman, Tony Cochrane, said the deal was a huge milestone in the ongoing and rapid success of V8 Supercars and its international recognition.
“This is a fantastic and exciting relationship for V8 Supercars,” he said.
“There is no question that SPEED in North America is the foremost network with regards to motorsport coverage and is the pinnacle platform in our sport; to be held in such regard by this highly professional organisation is a great testament to the quality of our television coverage and our racing.
“Each year we build our international presence and our TV reach next season will go to in excess of 135 customer countries in varied forms of live, delayed and packaged highlights.
“We are delighted to announce that the coverage will commence with next week’s Sydney Telstra 500 being shown on SPEED over the weekend of December 12 and 13 in North America as a taste of what North American fans can view all of next season.
“I would like to thank David Hill personally and the entire FOX Sports and SPEED teams for showing their great faith in V8 Supercars.
“This is the first of many new international TV announcements that will be rolled out between now and our opening event at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi next year.”
Hill was a guest of V8 Supercars Australia at this year’s Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 and he declared the sport amongst the best racing he had seen in the world.
He believes the category will warm to the hearts of Americans who have made NASCAR the second biggest sport in the US.

index.php

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I suppose the money will be good for the catagory and probably great for GM and Ford to show America what they can't have :D

Reaper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
“V8 Supercars is one of the most exciting forms of auto racing in the world today,” FOX Sports Chairman, David Hill, said.

Clearly he has never watched a race....

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

hes probably only watched nascar. bar from the crazy smashes they have, all they do is go around in a big loop

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yet it's oddly more exciting than Supercars? at least on the big ovals

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0

And what do you watch Minux? You watch F1? IMO, F1 is the most boring motorsport ever, i would rather go and watch my grass grow. Why keep saying "V8 supercars is boring" or some **** everytime there is a thread on it? :rolleyes:

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Man how can you compare F1 to Supercars, F1 is 500000000000000000 times more exciting

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Yeh, you're right Jason you can't compare F1 to supercars, F1 is about as exciting as lawn bowls.....I just can't see how people can actually sit down and watch F1. I can't even watch the Australian GP, i watch a couple of laps and walk away, it bores me that much. However, i can sit down and watch Bathurst from start to finish. Each to their own i guess.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Well I dunno, depends what you are used to I guess. I've watched alot more F1 than touring cars in the last 10 years. I still watch Bathurst but that's the only one

theSeekerr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Executive Manual
I'm on the V8 side of the fence - nice range of talents keeps things interesting, everyone in F1 drives perfectly all day, gets really dull to watch.