Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 VH-first car

F

foammedia

Toranas are rare as now you should have been around a few years ago, Back in the 80's when I as a teenager 80% of the cars cruising town were V8 lh/x's with big alloy drop tanks, hot 202's in LC/J's or even V8 lc/j's They were in all honesty as common as Commdores are now

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
vh_thunder said:
thanks for your comments everyone
pandaman, its an old pic when it had stockies and vl wheel covers :D
your right about the look, from the front the look bloody tough. it only has 1 muffler ATM so it sounds real beefy :driving:
i'm looking at all the lc/lj coupes (which are probably too expensive for me anyway) and lh/x's. if i can sell the vh i'll probably go for an lh or lx manual sedan though or another vh with a 6.
if i still have it next year i'll try for an exemption of the grounds that i had it before the laws came in. only problem is it wasn't registered in my name and ran out of rego since then so the rta might say i didn't own it.

Hmmm, excellent taste in automobiles my friend. LX torries can look truly awesome, and with a manual 202, would quite likely be faster than the V8 VH. Now that would be smooth.

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
yea i had the same prob u had i wanted to drive my dads HT Kingswood 4 my first car with itz 350 chev motor in it, So dad ended up gettin me my Vn calais v6, good luck with ur VH or torana

vh_thunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH V8
pandaman said:
Hmmm, excellent taste in automobiles my friend. LX torries can look truly awesome, and with a manual 202, would quite likely be faster than the V8 VH. Now that would be smooth.

lhs and lxs look awesome done up. dunno about quicker though, my mate has a 202 in an lx hatch and it does come close but you can tell theres 2 more cylinders in the 253 :D i have a dual exhaust to go onto it aswell and that boosts it by something like 15 kw and 26 nm. should be fun.

i found a nice vh slx with a 2850 and a 5 speed today so me and my dad are gunna have a look at that.

foammedia, i wish i was mate.
born in 90 though so i missed out on all the good decades like the 60s and 70s.
cheap fuel, muscle cars, AC/DC *sighs*