Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vacuum hose location on VX

bp_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Hey all

I just used Nulon upper engine foaming cleaner on the throttle body to clean the crap out of it. Next thing I want to do is feed half a can of the stuff down into engine. Supposedly I have to detach a vacuum hose and pump it down that. I’m learning as I go... what vacuum hose should I use? There are hoses everywhere, I have no idea which ones are vacuum hoses.

Next after that is to pull the sparks and give the cylinders a good hosing with the stuff. Should be fun.

Thanks!

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Adding those additives do little to clean anything, best is to remove the entire top section and give the entire system a good old fashioned scrubbing and cleaning.

Attachments

• Throttle Clean - 2016.jpg
    Throttle Clean - 2016.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Throttle Clean - 2016a.jpg
    Throttle Clean - 2016a.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 176
  • Throttle Clean - 2016b.jpg
    Throttle Clean - 2016b.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 200
  • Throttle Clean - 2016c.JPG
    Throttle Clean - 2016c.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Throttle Clean - 2016d.jpg
    Throttle Clean - 2016d.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 135

Juice3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Adding those additives do little to clean anything, best is to remove the entire top section and give the entire system a good old fashioned scrubbing and cleaning.

Agree this is what i've got planned for mine also going to put a new pcv valve,gaskets and replace the injector orings and filters

bp_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Agree this is what i've got planned for mine also going to put a new pcv valve,gaskets and replace the injector orings and filters

Thanks - on my books too. Unfortunately too much to do. I have this can though and figure it’s better for the engine to clean it a bit than nothing at all so am willing to give the vacuum hose a crack until I have time to pull it all apart. Which hose would I pop off?

Juice3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Thanks - on my books too. Unfortunately too much to do. I have this can though and figure it’s better for the engine to clean it a bit than nothing at all so am willing to give the vacuum hose a crack until I have time to pull it all apart. Which hose would I pop off?
You just spray it into the throttle body with engine running which will suck it through watch this video it shows how to do it

bp_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
You just spray it into the throttle body with engine running which will suck it through watch this video it shows how to do it

Well that's embarrassingly easy! Thanks for that. I know it's not as good as pulling the manifold cover off but that's a job I don't have time for right now. Next major service!