Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vacuum Leak?

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Did blocking the hole solve the problem...certainly did with mine. I was surprised at how much of a difference it made

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
no u must of misunderstood i have no grommits missin it's good you got yours sorted out though.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
bradvt98 said:
ok just had a look nothing noticebly wrong with purge hose i take it the hissing noise would be 5 times louder in the actual engine bay cause the noise definetly is and coming from that area although hard to tell but can't seem to see any probs with the hose you guys reckon i should just replace it anyway and see what happens also checked quickly for missing gromits on passenger side cause that's were noise comes in and couldn't see any missing

oh and ruso i did see the one you pointed out about the size of a 5 cent piece if not smaller
its like $10 for a new one from holden (give or take a couple of $$).
just replace it anyway. if it works great if not then its only $10 and you know its done and not it

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
well went to motors and and it didn't suprise me but " sorry we don't seem to have any in stock a the moment " which has been the case everytime i've got something from them

but the dude said sometimes the purge hose can bugger up on the inside to would this be right ? Doesn't matter anyway cause i've ordered it and will be here monday so anything special to know about replacing it ?

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
bradvt98 said:
well went to motors and and it didn't suprise me but " sorry we don't seem to have any in stock a the moment " which has been the case everytime i've got something from them

but the dude said sometimes the purge hose can bugger up on the inside to would this be right ? Doesn't matter anyway cause i've ordered it and will be here monday so anything special to know about replacing it ?

nah nothing special about installation.
take off engine cover......pull off and put new one on.
all you might need to do is just place it there and make sure it lines up.
the ends are offset so you might need to switch around. even if you put one end wrong and realise the other end doesnt line up just pull it off and turn it round

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
ok it's no go there now i'm annoyed

any other sugestions peoples?

mattyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2, VN Executive S2
I'm having a similar issue but I think mine has somethig to do with the actual Air Flow dial. When I switch to a different mode (ie from windscreen vents to all vents) a hissing noise comes from the air vents and no air comes through them. If I put pressure on the dial by pushing it in and holding it for around 30 seconds the hissing will stop and the air will eventually blow out of the correct vents. Would I be right in assuming that there may be an issue with the dial or would it be something similar to the other issues on this post?

C

cmelo

Hi, that purge valve was the hissing noise coming from my vt, not broken
it had just come off.
thanks to who ever posted the pics and the solution.

Mungus

SSV364
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SSV Sportswagon
Hi everyone,
I have taken some photo's of the hoses that caused my problem. No rough idling and not any hose in the engine bay, but i took some photo's of that hose and the grommet it goes through. My problem was the aircon switched to the windscreen (at first i thought it was shutting down) when accelerating hard, then back to normal when cruising. The hissing only developed the other day at which point the windscreen was the only position it would blow. It turned out to be two very small hoses on what must be a vacuum tank up in behind the glovebox. Anyway a picture tells a thousand words. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• DSCN0547.JPG
    DSCN0547.JPG
    401.3 KB · Views: 804
  • DSCN0546.JPG
    DSCN0546.JPG
    448.1 KB · Views: 899
  • DSCN0550.JPG
    DSCN0550.JPG
    630 KB · Views: 606
  • DSCN0549.JPG
    DSCN0549.JPG
    342.8 KB · Views: 1,191

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
i suppose i could check that out but my fan works on all settings but i might check anyway thanks