Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vacuum line atbottom of air inlet

HGK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Hi guys,

I know it has probably been answered before but I need to know where a vacuum line on the underside of the 'air intake', just before the plenum chamber, connects to. The hose is 8 or 9mm ID and about 220mm long. I'd be grateful if someone could tell me becase I can't see where it goes.

Thanks a lot

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Goes to the purge valve at the back of the driver's side head.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Where exactly? Most of the hoses are small diameter plastic hoses.

There is a larger hose for the breather going from the throttle body to the vent tube on the LIM and a larger pipe at the back of the plenum going to the brake booster.

HGK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Thanks ephect, I think I have two smaller hoses connected to that thing already. But I had better check, there's a good chance i'm wrong.

HGK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Hi Immortality, I think it may be the hose you say goes to the vent tube on the LIM. But my car has LPG and the LPG 'Ring Mixer' has a hose going to the vent tube on the LIM. I just got it back from the electrician so maybe he fitted it there by mistake? I don't know. I should know I did the inlet manifold gaskets three months ago. I was watching the tv show Wheeler Dealers the other day and they had to do something to the engine of an Audi A4 (twin turbo) and the mechanic had to take the front off the car just to get to some components. I thought, I really like those cars I might get one. I could do what the mechanic did to fix it! Yeah right! I can't even fix a V6 commodore. Anyway the car still drives so I can get it to the LPG mechanic he will know. Cheers

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Is this a VS or VR?

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Hi Immortality, I think it may be the hose you say goes to the vent tube on the LIM. But my car has LPG and the LPG 'Ring Mixer' has a hose going to the vent tube on the LIM. I just got it back from the electrician so maybe he fitted it there by mistake? I don't know. I should know I did the inlet manifold gaskets three months ago. I was watching the tv show Wheeler Dealers the other day and they had to do something to the engine of an Audi A4 (twin turbo) and the mechanic had to take the front off the car just to get to some components. I thought, I really like those cars I might get one. I could do what the mechanic did to fix it! Yeah right! I can't even fix a V6 commodore. Anyway the car still drives so I can get it to the LPG mechanic he will know. Cheers
If it has LPG, the hose the PCV would be connected to the mixer and the hose to purge valve stays connected to the throttle body. The PCV hose is bigger than that to the purge valve. The standard PCV connection on throttle body should be blocked off.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

If it has LPG that PCV hose needs to be connected before the mixer, if it was in the standard location the PCV system would pull LPG into the crankcase and then we would have all sorts of horrible consequences.

If LPG than the fitting on the bottom of the the throttle body will be blocked off.