Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Value for money splits?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
ok guys, I really apologise. I'm a simple guy. I really need pictures to tell you what I think about different speakers.

In my recent posts I have confused the Pioneer with the Rockfords.

If it's any help, after years of installations you get to a point where you just really don't care what label is slapped on the front because in the end it don't mean **** when it gets inside the harsh environment of a car.

From now on I promise to just not recommend speakers to ANYONE! I will talk about experiences with speakers and my opinons on different speakers but be damned if I'm going to recommend any to people!

furrhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy 3.8
splits

Hi 12 volt, sorry to ask this question but you said you confused the Pioneers with the Rockfordsso whats your experiences with the Pioneer C160R and the Rockford P162S?
Thanks for your help.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Hey 12Volt - didn't mean to convey that I was offended Mate - apologies for that.

Just after a little consistnecy is all - at times you've recommended Response gear and good "bang for yer buck", and that was the basis for this thread. To see your back-flip was a bit of a surprise, that's all. It kinda makes my recommendations look a little flawed when someone of your experience refers to it as "crap". There are indeed many brands which warrant that, but I don't feel the kevlar Response series are among them... Maybe the lower end series, but hey - they truly are $50 speakers.

Anyway, to get back to the topic in question - I still consider the kevlar Response series damned good value. Shop around - you can find dealers who do better than retail, and they're bloody hard to beat without spending more money.....

Consider it a biased opinion I suppose, 'coz I'm running them! :D But put it this way - I'd have the tip-top shelf gear if I could afford to. If things go well for me in my venture, I might be able to sometime.

Cheerz, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all. :drink: :drink: :drink:

aperfectcircle

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ute 04 VYIISS 5.7 M6
Well I'm looking at the upgrade as well.

Here's what I have chosen to go with.

"Focal Polyglass 165 V1"

"Rockford Fosgate T162S"

"Digital Designs DDC6.5"

Any info

Also I will be mainly lessening to Rock and that, but all types will be played.
I do have the Phreddy mod

Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Hey 12Volt - didn't mean to convey that I was offended Mate - apologies for that.

Just after a little consistnecy is all - at times you've recommended Response gear and good "bang for yer buck", and that was the basis for this thread. To see your back-flip was a bit of a surprise, that's all. It kinda makes my recommendations look a little flawed when someone of your experience refers to it as "crap". There are indeed many brands which warrant that, but I don't feel the kevlar Response series are among them... Maybe the lower end series, but hey - they truly are $50 speakers.

Anyway, to get back to the topic in question - I still consider the kevlar Response series damned good value. Shop around - you can find dealers who do better than retail, and they're bloody hard to beat without spending more money.....

Consider it a biased opinion I suppose, 'coz I'm running them! :D But put it this way - I'd have the tip-top shelf gear if I could afford to. If things go well for me in my venture, I might be able to sometime.

Cheerz, HAPPY NEW YEAR to all. :drink: :drink: :drink:

Hey bud....I've always been very consistant on my stance about ReSponse speakers. When it comes down to what speaker gives you the best bang for buck. ReSponse without a doubt. I still cannot believe that those things are are so cheap for the build quality that you get.

Everybody seems to think that I'm saying that the ReSponse speakers are the best thing since sliced bread. Well, they are not. Thats why my personal front splits are valued at about $1850 cost price to me. But who wants to spend that much on a pair of speakers?! Do I think my speakers are $1850? Yes I do! Would I think they are wortht retail price of about $2500? NO WAY IN HELL. Do I think ReSponse is worth the $150? Oh god yes! Do I think they are worth more? Oh God yes. IF they retailed for $200-230 I would still highly recommend them.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Well I'm looking at the upgrade as well.

Here's what I have chosen to go with.

"Focal Polyglass 165 V1"

"Rockford Fosgate T162S"

"Digital Designs DDC6.5"

Any info

Also I will be mainly lessening to Rock and that, but all types will be played.
I do have the Phreddy mod

from what i've READ, the DDs are a damn good split for the price

Reaction score
Website
www.caraudiofactoryoutlet.com.au
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
from what i've READ, the DDs are a damn good split for the price

You need to read a bit more then.

They are only the same level speaker as the RF P162S - and twice the price.

T162S would be the way to go they are a RRP$799.00 component... extremely good SQ and SPL

We currently have a limited number available for $419.00

Cheers

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
I like my Pioneer 220W Bullet Splitz in my VN SS there a treat, my new 6" 3 way Soundstream's in my Nissan Pulsar are alot clearer better sound than any kenwood,JVC,Pioneer under $100 buks with my new Kenwood mp3 deck powering them.