Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Valve springs for ly7

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Just wondering if you do performance valve springs Steve and the cost to Sydney?

What's the difference between these and the oem ones?

Cheers
Dean.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Dean,

We're working on this at the moment, along with replacment chains so suit as well :)

How soon did you need the springs?

Cheers,
Steve

Sorry for the long pause between posts, I had this on the back pedal for the last few months, now after the drag day over the weeked I have the lifters tapping constantly not just when cold. So this could meam ASAP.

If i do go ahead with this im looking at almost a complete top end rebuild with SPOOL rods and pistons. Still need to source valves and springs any other nitty gritty parts.

Any chance you have the whole kit or know where i might be able to purchase this as i only have found rods and pistons from spool.com

Need a car to trial these or anything if there still on the agenda?

cheers

MACE

Reaction score
Sorry for the long pause between posts, I had this on the back pedal for the last few months, now after the drag day over the weeked I have the lifters tapping constantly not just when cold. So this could meam ASAP.

If i do go ahead with this im looking at almost a complete top end rebuild with SPOOL rods and pistons. Still need to source valves and springs any other nitty gritty parts.

Any chance you have the whole kit or know where i might be able to purchase this as i only have found rods and pistons from spool.com

Need a car to trial these or anything if there still on the agenda?

cheers

“Sorry for the long pause between posts, I had this on the back pedal for the last few months, now after the drag day over the weeked I have the lifters tapping constantly not just when cold. So this could meam ASAP.”
Check engine oil pressure first. What oil are you using?

“If i do go ahead with this im looking at almost a complete top end rebuild with SPOOL rods and pistons. Still need to source valves and springs any other nitty gritty parts.”
If the oil pressure is fine then you don’t need to touch the bottom end. The factory valves would very likely be fine, along with the springs

“Any chance you have the whole kit or know where i might be able to purchase this as i only have found rods and pistons from spool.com”
Send us an email with a list of part you’re after and what you intend with your build and we’ll take it from there

“Need a car to trial these or anything if there still on the agenda?”
Always LOL

Cheers,
Steve

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Im using penrite HPR5 i think its the 5w30 oil. I have the oil presure monitor in the dash like the ssv's and it all appears normal or maybe a tad higher but cant say by much. It definately hasnt dropped though.

I have spoken to a few people and all have advised not to go ahead with the rebuild and only to replace whats broken. mechanically she drives fine just the damn ticking the bonnets up.

I have a gut feeling its one of the lifters on the passenger side, is it best just to replace the one or do them all and should i do anything else?

Thanks

MACE

Reaction score
Im using penrite HPR5 i think its the 5w30 oil. I have the oil presure monitor in the dash like the ssv's and it all appears normal or maybe a tad higher but cant say by much. It definately hasnt dropped though.

I have spoken to a few people and all have advised not to go ahead with the rebuild and only to replace whats broken. mechanically she drives fine just the damn ticking the bonnets up.

I have a gut feeling its one of the lifters on the passenger side, is it best just to replace the one or do them all and should i do anything else?

Thanks
Depending on which way you want to go it sounds like a good idea, which is what I was eluding to

As for which lifters to change, given that it’s a labour intensive job you’re probably better off replacing all of them at once. Needless to say you would be pissed if the lifter next to the one you replaced died after 6 months. Depending what you want out of your build you could consider upgrading the cams at the same time, as the cams have to come out to do the lifters

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Thanks for that Steve, I will definately be doing cams and all lifters if it comes to that. I have my mechanic looking at on saturday just to rule out anything else that may be causing it.

Should I go genuine or aftermarket with the lifters?

Thanks again for the help.

PS. The 6mm insulators came in today, worked a treat.

MACE

Reaction score
"Thanks for that Steve, I will definately be doing cams and all lifters if it comes to that. I have my mechanic looking at on saturday just to rule out anything else that may be causing it."
Please keep us posted with your findings

"Should I go genuine or aftermarket with the lifters?"
Genuine

"Thanks again for the help.

PS. The 6mm insulators came in today, worked a treat."

No probs :)