Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vapour lock problem.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Anyone had this before? VID_20120116_180803.mp4 - YouTube (starts 0:19) Vapour lock?? Only happens after heat soak here is the list of changes i made that has caused this hideous start that will "sometimes" stall on me.. (only when hot)

Mace manifold insulators
New injectors (also tried another set no difference)
Replaced valley gaskets.

Most mechanics suggest fuel pump or coil pack. I have new coils prior to the problem same with vacume lines also changed fuel pressure regulator, water temp sensor, throttle position sensor,

Could heat soak be causing a vacume leak?? or maybe moving the leads around disrupted them as there is a slight miss on idle And idle with sit on 750-700 and fluctuate. Any suggestions are appreciated cheers

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You wont get vapour lock problems on these cars, as any excess fuel thats not used by the injectors is just returned to the fuel tank. With this type of fuel system setup, fuel is always cycling through the lines, so any vapour in the fuel lines would get pushed along through the return line and back into the tank.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Ok thanks for that information. Did a smoke test found no leaks.. Also changed the leads and plugs to make sure, still there Someone suggested dfi module not sure how it would be related Car doesn't randomly stall on me while driving.

Maybe the inlet manifold gaskets i changed were faulty?? Checked for oil in the water but no sign

dwayno80

Reaction score
Members Ride
dumped vk 202 efi calais mok-up.
if it stalls when hot it would be heat sensor.. vy's have many faults..... i worked on the production line during vx to vy design change....best bet is go first to a holden dealer pay 60 odd buks to hook up the computer n see if its electrical or mechanical..... also maybe cheapest for ya buddy... :)

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
It doesnt stall check that video has rarley stalled maybe 2x

Heat sensor? I did change the water temp sensor. And you know what the funny thing is took it to holden they said no engine light no point I was like wow ok..

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Ok I had the intake manifold off and was looking at the pcv valve which i had out to check and clean at the time But when i was looking at it now (last weekend) there is a little o-ring that goes around the pcv valve and it didn't look to be sealed with fresh oil around and above the pcv valve not sure if thats normal Maybe that o ring not sealing is causing this problem.