Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Varijet carb adaptor plate for XE carb

trophy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I would like to know where I can purchase an adaptor plate to fit the VK intake manifold so I can throw away the painfull Varijet carb and fit an XE Falcon 32-36 carb.
I think the XE carb is the correct one to fit.
When doing this mod is there anything else that needs to be carried out to enhance the fitting of the Falcon carb.
Any help appreciated.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
This has been covered a number of times over the last few months have a look through older threads, but the final outcome was you should be able to remove the studs out of your current manifold and redrill it to suit the weber.

Else KC do an adapter plate about $36 any parts supplier worth their own shoudl be able to get it for oyu.

scott

bassfiend

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB
I am not really sure why you want to swap the varajet for the weber. The varajet is a good carb and works quite well with a modified 202, tune it correctly and it will run very smooth and give good power.

what mods have you got?

Jeff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE 4.2
I have an adaptor here that was bought to fit XE type weber to blue/black six cylinder manifold.
It is a 'Lynx KC218', described as 'Adaptor kit Weber DCD 1-238 to GM 4 cyl'. Price marked on it is $38.50 but I paid less than that.
Any speed shop should be able to get one in for you.
regards
Jeff

EVL253

i hate cops!
Reaction score
Members Ride
cranky black VB SLE
yep this is a good conversion.ueses next to no fuel at all and goes real good.my mate had this on his 202VH.pulled it off and put a 350 holley on.holley went worse and chewed a damn sight more juice