Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vc 308

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
He said he doesn't think he wants to part with it at this stage. i tried lol hes gonna have a think. Gives me nothing but **** for having an old commodore but then says in a second breath he wouldn't mind one again.. Its a genuine HDT stamped one. his problem was he had an air filter that was too big with it.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Well vc was a complete pain in the ass today!! Or rather a well known glazier firm was:(
Two weeks ago I booked a "full" glass change of the sides plus a full tint and today when I rang to confirm I was told "yea were ready for you" only to find they had 3 of six pieces of glass and said "it's ok we'l just tint the old stuff u won't see the pitting etc!!"

FML.

Now I have to wait for a different firm to get the glass from QLD and needless to say the original firm can gtfo.

Another 3 weeks wait.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well vc was a complete pain in the ass today!! Or rather a well known glazier firm was:(
Two weeks ago I booked a "full" glass change of the sides plus a full tint and today when I rang to confirm I was told "yea were ready for you" only to find they had 3 of six pieces of glass and said "it's ok we'l just tint the old stuff u won't see the pitting etc!!"

FML.

Now I have to wait for a different firm to get the glass from QLD and needless to say the original firm can gtfo.

Another 3 weeks wait.

ahh well at least you didn't drop it off and then pick it up at the end of the day to learn that and be in a rather big dispute over it. Smile though its getting done properly :)

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Yea when done itl look great:)
If they'd done what they'd planned there'd have been no pay for them. If you want tint il tell u where NOT to go.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Don't worry i got mine done at a good place on my vc had a ferrari in there and all getting done and 4 of my windows had bubbles within a week so i went back and got them to fix it then 2 got them again. kept going back n cracking the shits lol

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
If so done pays me to do something I do it right the first time. I expect the same from others.

But yea itl get there:)

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Well after a morning at the wreckers, well you see where I'm going with this:)

C131F06B-43E0-48F6-92BB-2942783D3EC4-584-000000E07913044C.jpg

EFF43943-7EAF-4878-8782-896F9A91F498-584-000000E0727305AA.jpg

Any tips on how to do this guys?

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
I reckon you should raise it. so it sits flush with the material on the linning for the door itself. and benieth it paint the bottom of the door trim cream like what you did the speaker pod. Your not going to see the bottom as much as you will the top. and moving it up that inch would make it look more standard as if the side pocket was cut out to make way for the window winder.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Or can you Un clip the chrome strip on the door trim where the two materials meet and put it on a bend to go with the line of the pod?