Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VC Commodore Wagon Stolen

ThongyVL

Reaction score
Website
www.thongysautoparts.com
Members Ride
97 VS Acclaim
I wonder how they broke into the car? I've got Solex locks on my VL, if you would like a set they're $88 plus postage. Not sure if anyone else with solex locks on had their car stolen, as they only way to break into the car is to smash the car window open.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I wonder how they broke into the car? I've got Solex locks on my VL, if you would like a set they're $88 plus postage. Not sure if anyone else with solex locks on had their car stolen, as they only way to break into the car is to smash the car window open.
And if they intend on stealing it thats what they'll do. Its a pity that those responsible will probably never be caught

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais

There has been lots of talk here before on Solex locks and my opinion I wouldn't touch them when a heap of people say that all you need is a large screwdriver to pop them off. So they can be broken through. :whistling

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I watched the RACV open an early Commodore one day the lady had locked her keys in, he opened it in I would say 2 to 3 seconds, slid a flat piece of metal down the glass into the door, it had a small notch cut in the tool he used and simply pulled it up, bingo door was open. I would say he hooked onto the bottom of the rod the door button is on. I always put the steering lock on our VC and it has an alarm with the flashing red light quite visible.

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
its just been found in mill park

however it is worse for wear.

windscreen smashed, passenger window broken, heater missing, glovebox gone, indicator smashed, they even took the club lock, and the dash mat, and the steering cover as well

too the wreckers yard it seems sniff

did you have the club lock on to begin with? no immoboliser...?

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
I watched the RACV open an early Commodore one day the lady had locked her keys in, he opened it in I would say 2 to 3 seconds, slid a flat piece of metal down the glass into the door, it had a small notch cut in the tool he used and simply pulled it up, bingo door was open.
My old VH could be opened with anything. Any key, screwdriver, butter knife etc.

Didn't need a key to start it either. It's very common for them to be so easy to use. :p

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I watched the RACV open an early Commodore one day the lady had locked her keys in, he opened it in I would say 2 to 3 seconds, slid a flat piece of metal down the glass into the door, it had a small notch cut in the tool he used and simply pulled it up, bingo door was open. I would say he hooked onto the bottom of the rod the door button is on. I always put the steering lock on our VC and it has an alarm with the flashing red light quite visible.

That method is quite commonly used by the RACV/NRMA to unlock the door. Usually the rear door. Thing is most people don't know how to use a coat hanger to do it properly which is a good thing.

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
My old VH could be opened with anything. Any key, screwdriver, butter knife etc.

Didn't need a key to start it either. It's very common for them to be so easy to use. :p

yeah to true that was like my vh when i first got it but i got a brand new nos lock set (boot doors and ignitition barrel ) off ebay still in the box best investment i ever made altho im thinking of getting some solex locks for it