Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VC pov pack

80VC202

Reaction score
Members Ride
'80 VC pov pack
Decided against buying that VB, put the money towards paying the last of my debts off.

This is still as reliable as ever. Someone broke into it and tried to knock it off, but the dogs jumped the fence and chased them off before they could do more than break the platsic column cover off and wreck the ignition barrel's return spring.
Decided to have a squiz at the plugs for the first time since I got it the other day, turns out 3 through 6 were loose enough to be removed by hand. That's explain it being down on power compared to my mate's VH, funnily enough the ticking I'd assumed was a bearing noise went away at the same time, and it's gotten heaps better on fuel. Win win, there. Goes heaps better now, could use a carby kit though as it stalls if you give it more than a quarter throttle from idle.
Valvetrain is noisy, but that seems to be a common thing with 202's.
I'm pretty sure I managed to bend something in the front left suspension when I hit a pothole dodging a wayward 75-series the other day, so I'm going to have to have a look in there and see what I can see, but other than that I'm going to leave it be for now. Got to finish my other project before I can start on this one.

80VC202

Reaction score
Members Ride
'80 VC pov pack
OK, so apparently the gronks that attempted to knock this off did a bit more damage than I thought, because now my indicators are shorting and only work when they feel like it. Pretty sure it's up under the metal column cover, so I'm going to have to pull that off to have a look.
Anyone know how/if it comes off?

80VC202

Reaction score
Members Ride
'80 VC pov pack
Sorted it, was the connector on the brown wire in the column plug.
Some little tossbag put a rock through the passenger front window of this yesterday too, which I thought was ####ing awesome.

80VC202

Reaction score
Members Ride
'80 VC pov pack
Window's been replaced, if it happens again I'm just replacing the door. #### of a job.

80VC202

Reaction score
Members Ride
'80 VC pov pack
Starter's ####ed, makes mad grinding noises instead of turning over when I turn the key. RB30 time.

80VC202

Reaction score
Members Ride
'80 VC pov pack
Sourced a '97 VS to use for a V6 conversion, is there anything in particular I should know about? I've read the V6 into VB-VK thread, but 95% of the info in there seems to relate more to using the VN-VR motor/trans rather than the Ecotec.