Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VCM V6 OTR - LTT

Acarzia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a VCM OTR but they only suit the LFX engines, I've heard that you can modify them to fit on a VE if it has an LFX but I was wondering if anyone has ever managed to get one to fit on an LTT? Even if it required some modifications.

Thanks

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You’ll need a tune afterwards as well.

Peanuthad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Would not recommend personally for the LLT. I ordered directly through VCM, and with the downwards angle that the throttle body points I needed to have an angled piece of turbo piping to fit. there was also simply not enough space for the MAF sensor to fit without cutting up the OEM plastic MAF sensor tube. Even if you're determined to do that as well, I found that the MAF sensor wiring is not long enough to reach out to the front of the engine where it will sit, so you'd need to get that extended as well.
All in all it is a lot of work and $ for a fairly minimal amount of gains. Considering I'm going the forced induction route eventually, I just decided to sell it off and use a high-flow filter in the meantime.