Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve 08 wagon

Nags87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT WAGON
Hi. I am hoping i can find some help my ve wagon 08 auto when i. Put key in and turn to start reds will come on but will not start dosnt crank just a service message to contact dealer. I just filled fuel up but reads verry low fuel

Ignoble

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Hi. I am hoping i can find some help my ve wagon 08 auto when i. Put key in and turn to start reds will come on but will not start dosnt crank just a service message to contact dealer. I just filled fuel up but reads verry low fuel
I just cooked my LLT in my 2011 SV6. It had contact dealer plus various others. I got it home after stopping 4 or 5 times to refill water. Ripped engine out and put a better one in that I already had. Upon trying to fire it up, no crank with contact dealer etc plus OBD tool would not connect to ECU. Checked voltages all over. Headlights were on due in dark. Charged near new battery just to be sure. Finally located it, I'd over looked the main earth strap just behind the fuse box on the RHF suspension tower. Connected it up, car started instantly. Cleared all DTCs. Runs a treat. This obviously is not a fix all for "contact dealer" faults but if you have exhausted all avenues I'd start to suspect earthing. I picked my error straight away when I put a DMM from the main terminal of the fuse box to the engine and it was 11volts as opposed to 12v everywhere else.

FalconF16

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Commodore Sportwagon
Aahh Haaa.The old earth strap trick eh.Great to hear you got it going.Wish i had a spare engine lying around.Like a brand new crate engine would be good.lol

Reactions: Lex