Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 16" stockies on VX - what is needed?

sancho13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Hey guys, just wondering what exactly needs to be done to get the VE 16" stockies on the VX. i hear they need to be machined or something...Also another few questions

- Anyone know anyone in perth that can do this?
- Cost?
- is it safe to do this? the last thing i want is to come off the freeway @ 100kmh...
- Has anybody else had any experience or has done this?
- is this even a good idea? hahaha

thanks!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
The hub size is different, so the VE rims need to be machined out to suit. Probably looking at $150 to get the machining done. It will be safe aslong as your wheel nuts are correct for the rim.

sancho13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Thanks for the quick reply mate. So would any wheel/tyre shop be able to do this or ?
and would that mean i need to buy ve wheel nuts or can i use my existing vx ones?

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
The best nuts to use on most ve wheels is the standard Holden alloy wheel nuts. People that have problems usually have used aftermarket nuts. Also if you buy ve wheels with tyres then you will have to change that for the correct size ones (225/50/16) it might be worth looking for a wheel and tyre package already machined. There was one in gumtree for 500 ready to go.

James_aitchison

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II S Pac 3.6L V6
It would probably be similar to doing to the VE alloy wheels, cost me $100 to do 4. This needs be done at a machinst or an engineering joint. As the center bore is machined out.
I did read somehwere doing it to VE steelies has been done, just not recommended. However you can get larger size steel stockies pre made. Remember seeing a website for it. Alternatively again, find a car with same center bore and stud pattern which has steelies