Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve 2006 Calais 6 cylinder manual conversion

Usercommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve calais
Hi there wanting to do a manual conversion on my 2006 VE Calais V6
Has anyone ever done this can it be done and what will I need to buywhat's involved I know I would have to buy, like what would I have to purchase, I know it would be gearbox tailshaft peddle box wiring
Clutch kit
So basically can it be done on a Calais as I know that they are factory auto
If could help me out that would be great cheers glenn

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
The hard part is the ECU side stuff. You either have to work out how to link a manual ECU to the car or find somebody that can flash a manual tune onto your existing one.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
As well change the pedals, you need to change the auto pedal plate to a manual plate. The wreckers will have that.

To get to it, you need the dash out and steering off. Booster separated from master cylinder, heater hoses disconnected. There’s 10-12 bolts holding the plate on.

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
It’s a massive job mate, hope you’ve got deep pockets especially if your paying someone to do all the work

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
It’s a massive job mate, hope you’ve got deep pockets especially if your paying someone to do all the work
Yeah I’d LOVE to convert my 6.0ltr Calais to manual but not sure the $$$ are worth it

but good luck totally get why you’d do it. I love the Calais bit love a manual too

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Yeah I’d LOVE to convert my 6.0ltr Calais to manual but not sure the $$$ are worth it

but good luck totally get why you’d do it. I love the Calais bit love a manual too
Myself I just bought a manual one from the start (SSV)

vepete

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais
Myself I just bought a manual one from the start (SSV)
Honestly I converted my ve Calais to manual so far it’s costed me about $3200 so I think it’s worth it as I got the engine loom bcm ecu box pedals and just missing the front dash loom as I didn’t know I needed it from the conversion kit I brought so atm I have the car running perfectly with the auto engine loom and auto ecu bcm etc….. as I have already rewired it to suit what I need atm mechanically so since no one will part with the front dash loom I got the full Haynes tear down manual and I will just re wire the auto front dash loom to suit manual as it’s roughly 5-6 wires and new pins added then I’ll hook up the rest of the manual stuff engine loom ecu bcm and stuff and then I’ll get the cluster and abs module flashed to manual specifications and it should be completed honestly I was told it couldn’t be done with a Calais but then I showed up at Alan mance that is Hyundai or something now and the said I was lying but was shocked when I said mate come outside and see for yourself it’s running fine so yes it can be done and u don’t even need the full manual stuff as I have proven that it can be worked around with the auto stuff so to get a Calais converted to manual I can definitely say it can be done with just the manual box and nothing else is needed to get the car running correctly mechanical and then just slowly work on the rest so for a lateeeee reply but if anyone wants any advice feel free to give me a call 0431449612 I’m not a mechanic but can still prove that mechanics can be wrong and I am happy to put them in there place hahaha