Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve 2006 Cluster central speedo dimming

MightyG

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden ve 2006
Hey legends here to pick your brains again,

Had an ongoing issue with my cluster for about 2 years on and off. Seems that randomly? sometimes the center part of the cluster goes so dim you can barely see it.
I have noticed some occurrences: It appears to work ok for the majority of winter?, in the summer months and/or if it has been parked in heat it is mostly very dim (though not always the case). Night or day does not seem to impact 50/50 whether its working or not, (incase anyone suggest light sensor??)

Sometimes it works for weeks if not months, sometimes its dim af for weeks or months.

Battery has been replaced, Alternator replaced so you can rule those out as issue persisted before and after those. Its not the dimming switches either as they are untouched and the rest of the console remains bright, just the central digital speedo area goes dim.

The only other problem the vehicle has is with the boot not wanting to open via fob or button (manual release works) im told thats a bcm issue. Not really an issue just figured id mention it incase it might be related.

Image posted not my vehicle but just so ya know which part im talking about. Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 36