Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SS brake service light

Johnny1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss 2004
Hello I'm having a issue with my ve ss 2006 this issue has happened once before then did not happen again until 3 months after.
So what's happening is a brake warning light comes up followed bye a service with a x on my dash then my speedo will just drop to 0 and not move car still drives fine tho but when I come to a full stop after this happens my revs also play up the sit at like 1500rpm for 20 so seconds then drop back to 1000rpm

Only way to fix the issue is to pull over turn the car off then hold the trip button turn the car on then hold the scroll button this clears the brake warning service light then the car is fine again no issues at all.
After I do this sometimes it happens again after 20 to 30 minutes of driving and sometimes dosent happen for a week or two.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
the X on the cluster indicates loss of communication with one of the computers, usually the ABS module

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
try to keep to one post for same problem

Johnny1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss 2004
Get it Scanned !
Then you can start to investigate it from there.

And modifications ?
Yeah I'm going to replace the two abs sensors on the rear tires as I herd that early model ve have dodgy rear sensors & wiring looms.

And yes it's Got 750hp with a whipple supercharger & all supporting mods cam exhaust fuel pump dif etc

Johnny1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss 2004
the X on the cluster indicates loss of communication with one of the computers, usually the ABS module
Thanks yeah is it possible it could be one of the rear abs sensors I was going to replace those first as it a common issue on them

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
x is not a sensor it is a comms code

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Check the wiring loom, apparently it’s common for them to break close to the plug for the abs sensor