Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE 6.0L master/slave cylinder

Peterj70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS WAGON
Hi Guys & Gals,
I have got an issue with my clutch?
If I give it a bit off the line I lose my pedal and the clutch slips, I have replaced the clutch but the problem is still there.
I have seen online that people have fixed this problem by replacing the master and slave cylinder.

Is this difficult to replace and bleed?
My wife is already giving me the this bloody car is costing a fortune speach..
Any advice or links would be very much appreciated!!!
Pete'"...

gunsmoke

Gunsmoke
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS & VZ Exec
Simple stuff first. Check the clutch fluid is clean/clear. If not suck out with syringe leaving a little in the bottom. Replace with genuine Holden fluid. Drive car normally. Check colour again. If dark repeat again. May have to do it over a week or two.
See how you go.

Peterj70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS WAGON
Simple stuff first. Check the clutch fluid is clean/clear. If not suck out with syringe leaving a little in the bottom. Replace with genuine Holden fluid. Drive car normally. Check colour again. If dark repeat again. May have to do it over a week or two.
See how you go.

Thanks for the tip, I will try. I'm just worried about the damage that im doing to my new clutch!!

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
See how you go.

Althought this is gold and a must check item especially with LS3s it won't fix the issue. You'll need the replace the slave and master which is a transmission off job. My car does the same, so I changed the fluid, bleed it and the results the same. If I flat change 2nd to 3rd in a hurry getting up to the legal 110km on the highway my clutch is on the floor

Peterj70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS WAGON
Althought this is gold and a must check item especially with LS3s it won't fix the issue. You'll need the replace the slave and master which is a transmission off job. My car does the same, so I changed the fluid, bleed it and the results the same. If I flat change 2nd to 3rd in a hurry getting up to the legal 110km on the highway my clutch is on the floor

I Guess its off to the mechanic and an argument with the missus then!!!
The mafless tune will have to wait..

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
if your already going to be argueing with the Mrs, get the mechanic to price a packaged deal to include the mafless tune outsourcing ;) she'll never know..

Peterj70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS WAGON
if your already going to be argueing with the Mrs, get the mechanic to price a packaged deal to include the mafless tune outsourcing ;) she'll never know..

Good call. Its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission...

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Call this guy;

From what you're saying it sound like the slave only needs replacing. Its a common problem and only a new slave will fix it.

However, a new stock slave will eventually have the same issue, therefore call this guy; Brad @ Enhanced Automotive. Makes CNC Alloy clutch Slave Cylinder, Alloy Clutch reservoirs and Alloy master cylinders too if you want to replace the whole lot.

I'm getting The slave, master and reservoir changed with braided lines soon, as I blew the slave racing. Same symptoms as you. If you don't go racing you could probably get away with just replacing the slave.

If you wait a few weeks I'll tell you how it goes. But budget about $2k for all 3. He made a batch today.

Last edited:

Peterj70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS WAGON
Call this guy;

From what you're saying it sound like the slave only needs replacing. Its a common problem and only a new slave will fix it.

However, a new stock slave will eventually have the same issue, therefore call this guy; Brad @ Enhanced Automotive. Makes CNC Alloy clutch Slave Cylinder, Alloy Clutch reservoirs and Alloy master cylinders too if you want to replace the whole lot.

I'm getting The slave, master and reservoir changed with braided lines soon, as I blew the slave racing. Same symptoms as you. If you don't go racing you could probably get away with just replacing the slave.

If you wait a few weeks I'll tell you how it goes. But budget about $2k for all 3. He made a batch today.

Cheers for the info!!

Peterj70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS WAGON
Hi Guys & Gals,
I have got an issue with my clutch?
If I give it a bit off the line I lose my pedal and the clutch slips, I have replaced the clutch but the problem is still there.
I have seen online that people have fixed this problem by replacing the master and slave cylinder.

Is this difficult to replace and bleed?
My wife is already giving me the this bloody car is costing a fortune speach..
Any advice or links would be very much appreciated!!!
Pete'"...

I just spoke to my mechanic. I didn't realise that the slave was replaced as part of the clutch kit. Only the master cylinder left...