Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE accelerator pedal removal

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Anyone know how to get the throttle pedal out without having half the dash out like Fu did? I can't find anything in my manual that says how to and surprisingly there are no YouTube vids either.
It is possible as I got mine out to fit the throttle controller without dismantling half the car. IIRC there was a bracket or some such in the way that needed to be loosened to leave sufficient room to undo the pedal bolts. Best thing to use is a ratchet ring spanner with a swivel head.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It is possible as I got mine out to fit the throttle controller without dismantling half the car. IIRC there was a bracket or some such in the way that needed to be loosened to leave sufficient room to undo the pedal bolts. Best thing to use is a ratchet ring spanner with a swivel head.
I'm not sure what needs to come off to get to the top bolts. I can only see one bolt at the bottom. This thread mentions the steering column panel but that doesn't seem to be in the way. So not sure it needs to come off. I thought the Haynes would say how to but can't find it in there anywhere.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I'm not sure what needs to come off to get to the top bolts. I can only see one bolt at the bottom. This thread mentions the steering column panel but that doesn't seem to be in the way. So not sure it needs to come off. I thought the Haynes would say how to but can't find it in there anywhere.
Pretty sure there was a couple of bolts at the top. They are a complete bitch to undo and I was cursing the completely retarded design but it is possible to do it!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Pretty sure there was a couple of bolts at the top. They are a complete bitch to undo and I was cursing the completely retarded design but it is possible to do it!
Yeah there is three all up. I can see that on my new pedal. I just don't know what needs to come off to access the bolts. I don't want to potentially break clips or panels as there is no tutorial on what to do and how to do it. People have replaced it but no one has said how they went about it.....

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s almost the same as VZ.
Take off the panel under there.

Undo the bolts with some contortion, slide the pedal off the bracket. Slides up.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It’s almost the same as VZ.
Take off the panel under there.

Undo the bolts with some contortion, slide the pedal off the bracket. Slides up.
There are two panels which one do I take off, the main cover and the flat panel or just the flat panel? I can't work out if the flat panel comes out without dropping the main steering column panel.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks a ton Chrisp that was exactly what I ended.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anyone got any tips on how to get the SSV pedal pads on? I've tried silicone spray and the centre one still won't go on. I've tried a screwdriver but I'm concerned about tearing the rubber. Plus trying to get the screwdriver in position and slide it around is not working either.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
The link in the G8 board suggested sitting them in hot water to soften them. But it also suggested popping the metal bit off and regluing it back on afterwards! I’m not sure if that’s a good idea at all.

There is an official VF accessories fitting instruction manual kicking about somewhere. It might show the recommended way to fit them?

Edit - just looked and the accessory fitting manual doesn’t have anything on the pedals.

Last edited: