Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE aftermarket sunroof?

ryzlee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
Has anyone had any experience with getting an aftermarket sunroof installed in a VE? If so approximate price? And where in Melbourne would be recommendable?

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Dont know about Melbourne, but have heard about $2,500 in Adelaide.

Scriv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I just recently had a Hollandia 300 installed in my VE Ute. It was $1,795 altogether at Prestige Sunroofs in Burwood.

They did a really good job (no leaks after all this rain!! heh).

Phantom

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Sportwagon series 2 and a VY exec 2
I could think of a heap of other things to spend 2 large on fellas, WTF?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Don't want to sound like a P.I.T.A. BUT new cars (I believe) have strengthened/modified roof to ensure adequate passenger protection in the unfortunate event of a roll-over. Check with likely installers, you MAY have to get such installation Engineered (approved) in order to comply with ADR's (Australian Design Rules. (All new vehicles have to comply with ADR's including crash testing including rollover so by cutting a whopping big hole in the roof it MAY compromise such compliance). Something for you to think about. Good luck.

veessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SSV
I work for Prestige Sunroofs and we comply with ADR rules your looking at about 2g for a roof in the ve depending on the size and bells and whistles you would like, best would be to give the store a call and have a chat if you have any concerns or questions

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
I work for Prestige Sunroofs and we comply with ADR rules your looking at about 2g for a roof in the ve depending on the size and bells and whistles you would like, best would be to give the store a call and have a chat if you have any concerns or questions

Really?
How much for a FG sunroof? Hollandia 700.

EDIT: PM me if you like, rather than posting it on a public forum.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I wouldnt go any other aftermarket sunroof brand than Hollandia. Prestige euro brand cars use these as authorised aftermarket kits, so if its good enough for BMW its good enough for me.
I've only heard good things about them... but make sure it's installed by an authorised fitter.

Benboy is right about the whole structural integrity thing too... and a proper installer will cover that with you (and ensure that the sunroof is installed according to relevant ADR's). They typically put in extra bracing to ensure torsional rigidity, because you dont want airbags going off because car sensors think it's being ripped apart or something going around a tight corner).

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I could think of a heap of other things to spend 2 large on fellas, WTF?

I dunno dude, I think it's pretty reasonable when you consider decent audio gear or a proper exhaust will set you back about the same?
A sunroof is damn nice in a car...