Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Aircon - Stuck On Heat / Wont Calibrate?

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
So I have a 09 VE SS. Custom IQ Unit, HVAC etc...... (not that it matters).

Recently, the rear seat vents started blowing only hot air, I tried the hold rear window heat thing to recalibrate the aircon actuators etc.... then it got 100% stuck on heat for the whole car.

I figured it might just be out of juice aircon wise as I did a cam upgrade 7 months ago and basically let out some gas...... got the aircon regased, nothing...... still the same.

Pulled apart the dash, ran the calibration test with the actuators off(unscrewed just hanging freely)....... seemed fine, swapped two around, no change.....

Is it just an actuator not being strong enough to move the main area (passenger side middle).

Has anyone else had this? HVAC looks fine, pulled all the actuators and hvac apart etc....

Just happened out of nowhere..... for now i've just removed the actuator that locked it on hot and forced cold ....... as it's summer.

See my tech 2 messages below.... any holden techs? (not all messages may apply as it's a custom hvac unit - resistors acting as car sensors etc) I think just the recirculate motor pulses message is the one that matters.

Attachments

• Img_0544.jpg
    Img_0544.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 1,389
  • Img_0545.jpg
    Img_0545.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 1,457
  • Img_0546.jpg
    Img_0546.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 1,762
  • Img_0549.jpg
    Img_0549.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 1,470
Last edited:

Sean ROV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
yeah, I have a similar problem only I have one side stuck on hot and the drivers side on cold!

I had one of the air con hoses changed out and re gassed but when I ran up the air con the driver side was cold and passenger side was only cool. After some basic fault finding I determined that the passenger side actuator wasn't working so I changed it out - Now it only has hot air coming from the passenger side

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
See if your recirc door is broken, it can mess with the other actuators.

Pop up the plenum as if you were changing the pollen filter, remove filter or screen and try moving the recirc door. If you can move it, it's broken.

evotime

Reaction score
Members Ride
not yet

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
HVAC failure is very rare, almost always an actuator (top drivers side) or recirc door.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
I keep editing this same post : I've done more research. Tech 2 vs diagram I found on the net seems to be the re-circulation actuator passenger side is stuck, maybe that's effecting all of them, didn't know there was one beside the blower motor. I'll try replacing that/fixing it and see what happens.

Last edited:

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Have you checked the recirc door or just ignoring advice?

Sean ROV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
hey guy's thanks for the advise...been a bit busy so haven't been able to get back to y'all. I haven't checked the recirc door as I can hear it working when I used the relearn function. What I found was that when I held down the rear demist button for 10 seconds so it could go through the learn function I noticed that the blend door would close shut and wouldn't move back. So I took the passenger side lower actuator off and run the function test and it was working. As soon as I connected the actuator back in place the same issue happened. Was getting pretty pissed off by this stage so I re connected the actuator and didn't bother with the relearn function and hey presto! the aircon is working fine.
I will have a closer look at the recirc when I have some time up my sleeve.

Sean ROV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V