Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Amp remote wiring, behind glovebox?

velo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SS - Black Edition
That could be annoying. I'd probably set the sub amp up to shut off with the key also. Maybe get a loc for it!!!

Yeah that's what I reckon I'll have to do. Will save my battery from going flat anyway.

VEO55

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Velo - The Focal HILO you are using will auto turn-on when it detects audio signal. This allows keyless play for the VE.
You have it wired correctly, Red 12v, Black GND, Yellow Remote. The Focal HILO will hold the remote for about 10-15 sec after audio signal is no longer preset.
Hope this helps.

nitro91

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Any reason why my amp stays on after the ignition is off and the car is even locked?
I have the remote wire to the brown behind the glovebox.

ms_enj

Geek girls are sexy...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega 60th Anniversary
The easiest retained accessory power wire in a VE is either of the two big green wires in the main harness of the power window switch block.

Connect it to a relay, and then use the relay to switch a +12V feed from one of the constant power wires in the headunit harness - They're orange with a blue trace.

Et voila, you have remote power line that will turn on when the key is turned to ACC, and then stay on with the radio for 60 seconds after the key is removed, or for 5 minutes if the key is in the ignition at the off position.

It turns off immediately when the drivers door is opened (or after the above time out), along with the radio, windows, and everything else that uses retained accessory power.

nitro91

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
is that really the easiest way?

ms_enj

Geek girls are sexy...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega 60th Anniversary
If you want proper retained accessory power, yeah. You could get away without using the relay, but I had an issue with video interference caused by the power window motors, so I isolated my devices with the relay.