Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE battery drain issue.

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
fixed?

I got the car back today..and had a good chat to the sevice guy.. I was a lot happier that they found the problem..he told me he had delt with a lot of these battery drain fixes..they put a new battery in...left it overnight and then did a check to see if there was any drain on the new battery..all good so he said..hopefully it will be a long term fix..

Weird thing..when I got home..I noticed the key I had was not the same..it was new...I had a look at the invoice and there was a note of this ..I rang..(as he didnt mention it while I was there) and was told that there was an issue with the early keys "collapsing" and that they replace them when they can..

Cheers.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I

Weird thing..when I got home..I noticed the key I had was not the same..it was new...I had a look at the invoice and there was a note of this ..I rang..(as he didnt mention it while I was there) and was told that there was an issue with the early keys "collapsing" and that they replace them when they can..

Cheers.

Correct. The early VE remotes had a problem with the fascia collapsing once used for a period of time so the newer, raise button version has been introduced. If the car hasnt had it done and it's flagged in the system pretty good chance it will be changed under warranty for you.

Silver Streak

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
It might pay you to check that your Bluetooth is off , that seems to be a common problem of late if you use your bluetooth it is on all the time even when the car is put to bed

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
My 2006 Calais still has the battery drain issue and has not been able to be fixed.

No matter what the dealer does, or what I try it starts going flat within a couple of weeks of having an overnight charge and it just goes downhill from there.

samdssv

Reaction score
Members Ride
'08 VE SS-V Manual
Had my car for 18 months with battery flat once after presumably leaving acessories on for some time...

On weekend was at footy in rain so car was off with wipers and radio on for some time..

Came back to car (other ppl had been in it) and started it with "Battery saver mode on" on trip comp.. Started but was sluggish.. Drove home about 1.5 hrs but had lights on most of the journey, although i thought maybe would have charged up..

Next day was greeted with battery saver mode and sluggish start again.. Noticed battery volts went up to 15, after taking it for a drive that day (usually sits on 13 or 14 when driving) which i understand its charging but maybe a bit high, although sometimes it goes down to 12v when driving...
Haven't had any further trouble as yet but am driving it almost daily..

Also does anyone else notice when using electric windows how much the lights drop in brightness?? Its done this since new.

Cheers.

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
Also does anyone else notice when using electric windows how much the lights drop in brightness?? Its done this since new.

Cheers.

Haven't noticed that, but when the air con is on and the cooling fans kick in my headlights really take a hit, especially if stationary at the time. Also, as my battery drains the car starts forgetting things like the auto mirror dip location, last stereo mode selection etc.

redvess

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS

Cheers.

yes my I noticed that on my car a few weeks before my battery went flat for the second time since I bought it. last time I had it recharged over night and they flashed in a new program to make the alernator charge more but its happened again, it goes it to be recharged again next thursday so we'll see what they say

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
SatNav can also go into a lockup mode which could draw a current

Mine is left in the garage and sometimes not started for over 2 weeks... she kicks first go ( i have sat nav also).

I don't know what the prob could be as it seems to only affect a few people inc my mates 07 berlina..

nick88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SS Voodoo
this issue only affects some cars, it can be many things that affect it tho, fluro lights, wiring caught behind glove box and vanity mirrors, old style bluetooth modules, water entering the rear doors and shorting out the rear speakers aswell as old style door looms, RSE (rear seat entertainment) needs to be updated few others aswell, take it to holden and its a warranty fix(might be without your car for a night tho)

Nick... btw i work for them :p

whitey66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Sedan
this issue only affects some cars, it can be many things that affect it tho, fluro lights, wiring caught behind glove box and vanity mirrors, old style bluetooth modules, water entering the rear doors and shorting out the rear speakers aswell as old style door looms, RSE (rear seat entertainment) needs to be updated few others aswell, take it to holden and its a warranty fix(might be without your car for a night tho)

Nick... btw i work for them :p

You forgot HVAC modules and IRCs :thumbsup:,i've replaced a stack of these that were faulty.
I also had a faulty Bluetooth module last week with a 2009 build date ("Voice In" on permanently) ,so the problem with BT modules still goes on --- :ranting: