Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Berlina $14000, good buy ?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
You could always get a motoacheck type thing done on it. (This is for the Adelaide area)

Motacheck Car & Auto Inspections in South Australia

I did this before buying my VT. Best 150 or so I ever spent. They go over everything (and take it for a test drive). And print you out a list of what is or isn't wrong and how bad it is. Compression test, brakes, suspension, switches/electrics, etc. Only thing they couldn't test was the airbags I think. For obvious reasons.

Just an idea.

Not sure what's around Sydney though.

The NRMA do a similar thing (or at least they used to).

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Ah well, I bought this car and pick it up this week. Cross your fingers it goes like a commodore should !!

It comes a State roads test drive report and a 3 months warranty if thats any reassurance lol.

Now , anyone got any tips on shedding a few hundred kg's from the VE's bulk ?

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Don't they say the average distance travelled is 15 - 16,000kms a year.

Being that it is 3 years old and done 135,000kms, by my calculations its done 8 years woth of work in 3.

Just something to consider

Ben

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Yeah thats true Ben, I've heard the average is 20000 but its certainly been busy. From the log book I suspect the owner was commuting to Sydney every day doing 100K's each way. That means most of the K's on the car are highway k's which are supposedly 'better' for a car than stop start traffic.
Anyway , for the price I paid you can choose from a VY2, an average VZ, or take a chance on a worn in VE Berlina. I figure a VE should live to 300,000k's ? so it should hopefully last a while yet lol.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
Ah well, I bought this car and pick it up this week. Cross your fingers it goes like a commodore should !!

It comes a State roads test drive report and a 3 months warranty if thats any reassurance lol.

Now , anyone got any tips on shedding a few hundred kg's from the VE's bulk ?

As I noticed you typing in past tense does that mean you have bought the car already??
i guess it does

theblueweapon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV A6 ute
Sounds like the best thing to be "exported" from the Port Hedland locals in a long time. If it sounds too good to be true.............PS - check the boot for working crack pipes

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
I reckon it was a good buy, 135,000km isn't that much, my VX has 185,000 and it's near perfect, and it's a Berlina, more of a cruisey car, I'd be more worried about buying something like a 3 year old SV6 or something with 135,000km. Highway cruising is better for the engine anyway coz its revving low most of the way, revs wear out engines. Wonder why little old ladies cars last forever? it's coz they drive slow and don't rev it out.

That reminds me, off topic a bit but, I have a mate who bought a Integra type r, owned by an old lady, so when he gave it a bit of a rev, she practically screamed he was hurting it! she never went over about 3500rpm, and vtec starts at 4500ish, red line is around 7000ish I think. Car was in perfect condition tho, both mechanically and cosmetically.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I spotted a VE Omega for $12,990. the berlina is basically the omega with fogs and climate control.