Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE berlina pvc seat frame cracking

redgumtree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve berlina 09
Hi there,
My 09 VE berlina sedan,front Plastic/PVC seat frame on the drivers side is cracking (the very thin frame just under the seat material, and is now about 150 mm long).

My question is : My warranty runs out next may, do you think that I would have a legitimate claim for repair or replacement under the general warranty that came with the car?
cheers
Peter

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Mines like it too. should be able to get it replaced under warranty

WallyBasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I just got mine replaced last week. It's a known issue and they have a new mounting system for it. Just call the service department and tell them, just should book it in as a warranty repair. Less then 40 mins later it was done for me. (waited for the car).

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
I just got mine replaced last week. It's a known issue and they have a new mounting system for it. Just call the service department and tell them, just should book it in as a warranty repair. Less then 40 mins later it was done for me. (waited for the car).

did it cost you anything?

redgumtree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve berlina 09
Seat trims,lights and grills VE warranty claims update

Hi there,
My 09 VE berlina sedan,front Plastic/PVC seat frame on the drivers side is cracking (the very thin frame just under the seat material, and is now about 150 mm long).

My question is : My warranty runs out next may, do you think that I would have a legitimate claim for repair or replacement under the general warranty that came with the car?
cheers
Peter

Just an update:
The local dealer replaced the cracked seat trim and installed stronger steel brackets. Also replaced the rear high level LED brake light in the rear window, both under warranty and absolutely no fuss or bother.

Tried to get the front grill also replaced because the black painted chrome was flaking off in a big way, they disallowed the claim saying that "stone chips" had caused the black paint to fail!

They suggested that maybe it would be better to remove the black paint in the first place and just have the nice looking plastic chrome showing.

I agreed with them, but dont know what method to use for removing the paint and not the Chrome?
Anyone on here know what to use on the paint....thinners? Acetone?

Pete

koins76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Tried to get the front grill also replaced because the black painted chrome was flaking off in a big way, they disallowed the claim saying that "stone chips" had caused the black paint to fail!

They suggested that maybe it would be better to remove the black paint in the first place and just have the nice looking plastic chrome showing.

I agreed with them, but dont know what method to use for removing the paint and not the Chrome?
Anyone on here know what to use on the paint....thinners? Acetone?

Pete

Stones apparently!