Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Blues

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
I noticed in this thread about the rear parking sensors. How can you tell if Holden fitted genuine sensors? I had sensors fitted when I bought my new VE SV6 before I took delivery of the car. The sale of contract had sensors listed without the NG annotation. NG indicates Non Genuine product. I asked the dealer if they were genuine and he replied yes. Is there a way of distinguishing whether genuine or non genuine are fitted?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Genuine would be fitted at the factory as they are integrated/recessed into the rear bumber of the car. Non-genuine may be the same colour, but they would not be recessed.

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks CSP. My sensors are integrated into the rear bumper, but they were not fitted at the factory.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Thanks CSP. My sensors are integrated into the rear bumper, but they were not fitted at the factory.

That sounds strange to me... I have been known to be wrong before though ;) lol

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
O OH, I may have one of those VE blues!! This morning I got in the car, and the windows fogged up. I turned on the demister, and almost instantly the windows cleared up, however moments later, they fogged up again (quite badly). I put the full fan on and kept to control to demister but it only cleared up very very slowly (About 5 minutes). Hasn't happened before. Its an SV6, thus no climate control. Has this happened to anyone else? My car is just on 3 months old.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Are you using the a/c?

This is an environmental problem, not a technical one.

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
O OH, I may have one of those VE blues!! This morning I got in the car, and the windows fogged up. I turned on the demister, and almost instantly the windows cleared up, however moments later, they fogged up again (quite badly). I put the full fan on and kept to control to demister but it only cleared up very very slowly (About 5 minutes). Hasn't happened before. Its an SV6, thus no climate control. Has this happened to anyone else? My car is just on 3 months old.

My Calais does this under the following conditions..

When the outside temperature is 0 or below, which happens a lot where I live. The car turns off the A/C at these cold times and if the A/C had been running for a minute before it measured the air temp then it will then release quite a bit of fog onto your windscreen because of the bit of moisture that got a the heat exchanger for that short period.

Not sure if it's a fault, but back in my previous car it didn't turn the a/c off in 0 or below weather, so I am curious why it does in the VE.

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
The a/c turns on automatically when the demister is on.

Supe

Supe
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0
The a/c turns on automatically when the demister is on.

Yes, but if the outside temperature is below 0, the air con will be turned off again and if it took the car 60 seconds to decide to switch it off, then the a/c has been running for 60 seconds and accumulates some moisture, this is then released into the air stream and fogs on the windscreen until the a/c is allowed to switch back on.

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
The outside temp was about 8 degrees. I spoke to my dealer about it, but all he said was keep an eye on it. It hasn't happened since, so I don't know whats going on. I noticed yours is a calais, which has climate control, but that still shouldn't make any difference.