Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Bluetooth

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
If you dont want to use the VE bluetooth anymore, take out the glovebox and disconnect the module.

whitey66

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Sedan
Bluetooth modules in most of these can be updated by a Holden Dealer to increase phone compatibility.There will most probably be updated software every 6 months or so to try to keep up with newer models.
There is a list of compatible phones here : Phone Compatibility - Bluetooth

There were also many issues with faulty bluetooth modules causing flat batteries as well as connection issues etc.

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
The Holden Bluetooth is an acceptable system although it has no functionality controls for the phone which is dissapointing and I have found the sound quality poor in comparison to other cars.. I will try the suggetion re the balance/ fader to make the sound quality better.

A truly great Bluetooth system is that in the current BMW's, in our X6 the sound quality is near perfect and all of the phone's features can be accessed from the I-Drive system and most through the steering wheel controls in addition to the voice activation system.

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Hey guys.
I have an iPhone.
It's syncs very well with the ve BT.

U can even use the voice dialing from the steering controls.

I too have an iPhone with no dramas at all with the cars BT, but I cant get the voice dialing to work :(

I just tried the audio fade function and it is not available in my car. Tried another phone to see if it was a phone related issue and it also did not have the "Audio" setup available at all while a call was underway.

Last edited:

affinity

Reaction score
Members Ride
International (Dual Fuel) VE MY10 Sedan, 3.6L 4A
Bluetooth modules in most of these can be updated by a Holden Dealer to increase phone compatibility.There will most probably be updated software every 6 months or so to try to keep up with newer models.
There is a list of compatible phones here : Phone Compatibility - Bluetooth

There were also many issues with faulty bluetooth modules causing flat batteries as well as connection issues etc.

I would like to know what "partial" means exactly, which features are considered "full" and more specifically IF Holden can fix the problem of just displaying VOICE IN without the phone number and/or name from the phone.

programer

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve omega
if you are still unhappy with your bluetooth i am willing to buy the module and loom if your intrested

Gorman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
I would like to know what "partial" means exactly, which features are considered "full" and more specifically IF Holden can fix the problem of just displaying VOICE IN without the phone number and/or name from the phone.

That's what "partial" means. Partial usually refers to not being able to display name\phone number on the centre display.

I have an iPhone so I would have expected that Holden to at least work on the getting the popular phone models up to "full" compatability.

Speed16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Personally I haven't had an issue with my phone 'Nokia N95' with either my old SV6 or my new Calais V. I do however have a relative who has an iPhone (I believe the first series) it paired up with my car perfectly but he had to turn the volume up to hear anything and listening to him though my phone (i was quite some distance from my car to avoid feedback or mine connecting via BT) sounding like he was about 3 metres from his phone yelling into a tunnel.

The fix for this was a firmware update on the phone itself, once complete it was clear as a bell and worked perfectly.

groper1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SV6
The factory bluetooth in my 2006 VE SV6 works a treat with my Blackberry 9000. Never an issue with the auto connection when I jump in the car. I'm on the road all the time and voice quality has also never been an issue. No dramas at all ......