Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais 6ltr problems

brettyj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6ltr
You planning on replacing the balancer yourself? If yes you will need a special puller and the install kit. Don't try to use the crank bolt as some have unsuccessfully tried, or you will likely damage the crank snout, which tends to happen.

I've not long replaced mine and I know how important it was to have the correct gear before attempting it

You planning on replacing the balancer yourself? If yes you will need a special puller and the install kit. Don't try to use the crank bolt as some have unsuccessfully tried, or you will likely damage the crank snout, which tends to happen.

I've not long replaced mine and I know how important it was to have the correct gear before attempting it.
Oh look I Think Il just leave it to the pros on this one sounds like needs a few things now. I don't think the balancer has to do with the choking issue .

It's only a slight wobble but It is a wobble and I assume anything other than centred is not alright? . I'm really not a mechanic lol but these forums have helped me out big time before and is nice to get a second opinion.

convas

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SSV

I've not long replaced mine and I know how important it was to have the correct gear before attempting it.
Yep I would be one of those that got into trouble trying to put the balancer back on using the crank bolt ... its not a hard job if you use the correct tools.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It's not going to limp mode. I think it the fuel pump failing under load. Gotta love these forums. I will go get one of them Tools though and check first
Get a Topdon one or Vident. Topdon do most makes with almost full features. For $500 they will pay for themselves with one use sometimes.

brettyj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6ltr
Hey I got the codes . PO175 AND PO172. thinks it's running to rich