Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais Head unit - Bass & Treble Setting

RCally

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY08.5
Hey All, I was playing around with my audio set up in my Calais and for some reason it will not let me alter my Bass or Treble setting which are set on STD (standard).
It wont let me highlight it at all, just wondering if anyone else has this problem or knows why it's doing this. Cheers

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
From memory, I think you'll find you have a preset equalizer setting turned on (eg. Rock, Pop, Classical etc) and that's why you can't adjust the bass/treble.

You need to turn the preset equalizer off or to "Manual".

calais06

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY06
From memory, I think you'll find you have a preset equalizer setting turned on (eg. Rock, Pop, Classical etc) and that's why you can't adjust the bass/treble.

You need to turn the preset equalizer off or to "Manual".

Yeah thats correct, did the same thing in mine, just have to not use the presets and u can change it :)
Only problem is if u turn the bass up too much it just distorts really quickly.

RCally

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais MY08.5
oh ok that makes sense, thanks for that by the way I like the colour of your car calais06, got the same colour myself :)

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
If you want more bass from the subs but not the speakers, you can adjust the gain on the amplifier in the boot. There's a thread floating around on each commodore forum explaining how to do it :)