Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais V6 Not Starting in Hot Weather PLEASE HELP

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
Hi guys,

After some help with my series 1 VE V6. It has developed a problem in hot weather where it won't start after the car has been driven, if the car is left to cool down for about an hour it will eventually start although not very well. It will crank and crank but just not fire until it finally comes to life and splutters and shakes. After a few seconds of spluttering it seems to be alright but obviously something is wrong. Someone said to me that the fuel evaporates in the fuel rail but the problem has only started in the last few weeks. The bad start can be after the car has been driven although I have tested it and this also happens if you start it from cold, turn it off and then start it again.

Wondering if anyone else has this problem with the 3.6litre alloytec and if there is a known fix. I love the car and want to try and fix the issue so it's reliable again. only looking for info from someone who has been through this issue please.

Please dont tell me to take it to a mechanic, that is my last resort, id rather try get it sorted first

Id also like to add the car was running fine and one hot day i was driving the car for around an hour with the A/C on and i turned the car off and then started it shortly after and then this problem started

Hoping someone out there can help.

Thanks.

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
Thought someone might have had this issue before

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Lol at the idea of fuel evaporating inside the fuel rail that's like saying Coke evaporates inside the unopened bottle so drink it straight off the supermarket shelf
Possibly fuel injectors leaking into the manifold causing it to run rich on start up?
Occasionally mine will do the stuttering thing on start up too. That's after its sat a few days or if I've just started it and turned it off like you said. Most likely due to the fast idle running tick on start up kinda flooding it when you turn it off. Read about the RX8 Mazda and the trouble they have with those... Revenge of the greenies...

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
No idea of your location, makes it difficult to provide specific information. Suggest you update such info via your Profile. In the meantime, if you or a family member are members of an Auto Club, give them a call, they'll send a mechanic who may be able to provide some assistance.

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
Have you changed petrol stations lately? If not, maybe try fuel from another petrol station and see how it runs? 91, 95, 98?
Read on here not long ago, someone changed petrol stations and the fuel was sh#t causing start up problems.. Changed to another station and back to normal.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Possibly a fueling issue , fuel rail, lines or pump .

pebbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE series 2
Have the crankshaft sensor checked. If the crankshaft sensor isn't sending the correct signal to the ECU the computer won't send any fuel to the injectors. This will leave you unable to start the car particularly when its hot.