Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Calais V8 with High K's..to buy or not?

discomat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Dude I bought one in november (07 v6 Calais 80,000k's) for $17,000 it's a buyers market at the moment! Go to carsales, get all the recommended checks done and make sure it's got log-books up to date, then offer them $4000 less than asking price, you might not get it but they will lower the price. Don't go car yards not worth the risk! If you have a statutory declaration, log books, rev check etc you have just as much security as you do with the car yards. Don't be fooled into thinking car yards are the safer option they are very clever and dodgy and in the business to make money!

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Is the car yard giving you warranty, all holden dealers give a 3 year warranty on used cars.

By LAW any used car sold for more than $3,000 by a car yard / dealer has to come with a 3 month warranty.

gonnaenodathat

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 50th anniversary Manual FG XR6T
our car is doing an estimated 30k per year, after 4yrs of 90% highway that will be 120k. now, my XG ute had 400k on it and speedo hadnt worked for 2yrs ! ran perfect.....

that car is 4yr old so about 35k per year ? thats not terrible is it ? but the price may be a tad high in respect of the K's !
we expect to trade our 5yr old car for a new one and estimated price is 15k for a 50th anniversary xr6t which is also about 50k new.

I'd shop around more !

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
I bought it!

Well I am back in the VE club..:lock:

Went to check out the V8 Calais today and after a drive and a bit of bargaining..I purchased the car.

I rekon I drove it about 500 meters and knew it was something special.

It drives like a new car..being second hand it has a few very minor blemishes here and there..but basically clean as whistle.. the power is amazing in normal mode so would sure to be fun in sport or trip mode..

I had an omega before the VU SS ute that I traded in on the Calais. The omega was nice so I had an idea of what to expect from the VE Calias V8...but my initial feeling are...its bloody fantastic!!

Which you would expect...but even better that I thought.. thats for sure...

I commented to the dealer about the crappy fittiing plastic side panels on the interior that fall off...Calais seem to have the same thing...(does anyone know what to do about these??)

So...now I have a big smile and am very happy.. Only time will tell if the high K's mean things will start to need replacing..but for now..I'm in VE V8 heaven !!

So I guess you guys will see a bit of me on the forum now...thanks for all you comments..

Will post some pics in the next few days.

cheers

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Well I am back in the VE club..:lock:

Went to check out the V8 Calais today and after a drive and a bit of bargaining..I purchased the car.

I rekon I drove it about 500 meters and knew it was something special.

It drives like a new car..being second hand it has a few very minor blemishes here and there..but basically clean as whistle.. the power is amazing in normal mode so would sure to be fun in sport or trip mode..

I had an omega before the VU SS ute that I traded in on the Calais. The omega was nice so I had an idea of what to expect from the VE Calias V8...but my initial feeling are...its bloody fantastic!!

Which you would expect...but even better that I thought.. thats for sure...

I commented to the dealer about the crappy fittiing plastic side panels on the interior that fall off...Calais seem to have the same thing...(does anyone know what to do about these??)

So...now I have a big smile and am very happy.. Only time will tell if the high K's mean things will start to need replacing..but for now..I'm in VE V8 heaven !!

So I guess you guys will see a bit of me on the forum now...thanks for all you comments..

Will post some pics in the next few days.

cheers

Nice work mate, as long as you're happy that's the main thing.
Post up some pics when you get the chance.

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Congratulations with your purchase.

Before you consider anything else, have the car serviced and change all the fluids so you are working from clean slate.