Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Car Battery Replacement

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
3-4 Years is the norm for batteries.
Also look for warranties.

I use a AC Delco brand. 530CCA
that's the same battery as standard ALL are made by exide in sa, for spares (ac delco) we just put a different label on it,,
also same battery as exide 66h but different label

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Any of you guys put a bigger CCA one in your VE.

I put a 650cca acdelco in the VS.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Any of you guys put a bigger CCA one in your VE.

I put a 650cca acdelco in the VS.

Hi Pete,

Yep I always upgrage the CCA standard battery in my VE's. I do get the ACDelco calcium ones though. Its the one fitted to Fleet and WM stateman etc, its a 620CCA I think.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Century ultra heavy duty.. 660-680CCA here.. Works fine..

One of my mates runs an optima blue top. 800CCA I think.. It also runs fine.

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Hi Pete,

Yep I always upgrage the CCA standard battery in my VE's. I do get the ACDelco calcium ones though. Its the one fitted to Fleet and WM stateman etc, its a 620CCA I think.

holden baterys LN2 standard = exide 55H,LN3= 66H,, LN4 =77h the biggest gmh battery, I see go down the line all the time, cant remember exact cca but LN4 is the biggest,, LN series sticker means holden original aslo barcode on the battery is scanned on your car build sheet to stop swapping off battery warranty claim. AC delco same battery but spares department battery.. H series same battery but exide brand.. THERE ALL the same internally just changed stickers,,AND no you don't need any special charger too charge them , we use the one factory charge system on all the batterys, we just change the charging profiles EG amps/time,, between calcium// antomonall

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Thanks everyone for passing on your knowledge and experience.

Kind regards

H

huthy14

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
My HSV is now 4yrs old and I just replaced the battery with an Optima D34 yellow top.
The car started fine but would drop cruise control on the freeway when the window was put up sometimes. I didnt want to come out from work one day and it was flat so I elected to change it.

Just changed to the d34 today. What a difference. Easy to install too.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Personally, after approx 3-4 years I'd be replacing the battery just to be on the safe side. As I've experienced in the past, one day the battery will just drop dead. Not a problem if it happens at home & you've got a spare car, but I've had it happen at the shops & also leaving work late one night.

Here's a trick I learnt from an Optima distributor... To obtain better battery life, always keep it topped up - IE: If you're not using the car for a few days, pop it on a charger.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Personally, after approx 3-4 years I'd be replacing the battery just to be on the safe side. As I've experienced in the past, one day the battery will just drop dead. Not a problem if it happens at home & you've got a spare car, but I've had it happen at the shops & also leaving work late one night.

Here's a trick I learnt from an Optima distributor... To obtain better battery life, always keep it topped up - IE: If you're not using the car for a few days, pop it on a charger.

Very good info. there.......That's why I changed mine recently..........But how many will take notice?

Topped up FOR SURE if the car sits.......or anything else with a battery in it........motorcycle, Jet ski, etc. etc............But again, how many will take notice.