Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve clubby still feels clunky in the front

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by Clubby08, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Clubby08

Clubby08 New Member

Members Ride:
    Ve clubsport
    Hi all new here as of today having some issues with my ve clubby it’s had about 80% of the bushes done coil overs put in and it’s on 20” wheels . Now I know I’ve given away some of the comfort in regards to the ride but I feel everything when driving and to be honest I’m starting to dread driving it just feels loose and sloppy thought by now it would of been a better ride by now.any advice greatly appreciated thanks

2. monstar

monstar Naturally as-pirated

Members Ride:
    Peugeot 207 GTi
    I feel for you, literally. It may be the weight of your rims and rotors, rotating mass makes a huge difference to suspension (and handling).
    Personally 30 or even 35 profile tyres with aftermarket coil overs is about as attractive as a new ride at the Ekka when you’re over 50 let me tell ya whippersnapper *shakes walking frame*
    I clock up the km in a soft seat stationwagon with 19” and stock bushes, Koni’s Frequency Sensing Dampers and raised King progressive springs.
    Probably the autofashion equivalent of beige safari shorts, long wooly white socks and brown sandals but I look forward to and make all sorts of stupid excuses just to drive my setup anywhere I travel in the middle of the night.
    YOLO! Like Mr Toad of Toad Hall love your ride **** your pride and scrap the heavy 20s :p

3. monstar

monstar Naturally as-pirated

Members Ride:
    Peugeot 207 GTi
    Aftermarket coil overs are NOT always better ride, especially those with shorter spring (low ride). See Hookes Law.

4. _R_J_K_

_R_J_K_ Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    Zenki S14
    You shouldn't just "buy" coilovers, like King Springs a lot of coil over manufacturers have gone for the one size fits all approach, so they just sell you "a" coilover with a generic stiff setup and no selection of spring rates (this kind of looks to be the case with companies like XYZ and Pedders although from what I've read Pedders seem to be a bit more comfy). It's something worth doing the research on about what kind of setups other people are running to achieve a particular outcome.

What brand are you using? If you go through a company like MCA or Shockworks they can advise you on the best spring rates and provide valving to match for whatever you're using it for (even if you want comfort), and they're manufactured here which theoretically means they're probably rebuildable here. They're really good value bits of kit for the price you pay.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  5. lmoengnr

lmoengnr Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
    When the coilovers were installed, did they replace the strut top isolators?