Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore 'Flat' Stance

Skrrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series sv6
Yes....You can't stop the car forward and backwards motion during a gear change, with a manual transmission, no matter how much you lower or raise it....Unless, you're prepared to fit a sequential gearbox.

And yes I wished my sons well....I am also wishing my grand sons well to....The have been taught to respect their elders and listen to the advise given by older people, because older people generally know their stuff...
Well said ^^ thanks

Skrrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series sv6
Hey, sorry for making some of you upset.

I was upset too and I just wanted to joke around to vent.
I got a laugh out of myself at least.

I got more upset when my joke upset you.
So yea sorry.

(I'm referring to my big long complaining post as my 'joke')

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Hey, sorry for making some of you upset.

No need to apologise, I don't think that you actually upset anyone.
It was just your off topic comments that got people wondering if you were for real
Anyway it's all good, no harm done and I'm sure we can have a laugh about it and move forward

Last edited:

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
So do you have an answer to my questions?

I've got a few options for you.....
# My first choice would be to go with a set of coilovers because with there adjustability you'll get the best of both worlds.
You can lower the car and stiffen up the ride when you want to play at the track
You can raise the car and soften the ride up for when you are using the car as your daily driver
https://www.maceengineering.com.au/epages/shop.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/mace/Products/COS02VE

# Ring King Springs directly and have a chat with them as they'd be able to tell you specific part numbers to achieve your desired results. Prior to calling them measure your "Hub To Guard" distance front & rear as they may ask you for those measurements
Also when using lowered springs you will need to buy new shortened shocks as well
Z.jpg

# Checkout some of the VE's in the "Show off your ride" section of the forum. If you like the look of how a vehicle sits check out the mods list and see what the owner has listed for their suspension/spring setup.
Remember that your car is a V6, so only pay attention to the V6 vehicles because V6 and V8 springs are manufactured with different spring rates

Last edited:

Skrrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series sv6
Oii maaad thanksss

Oi I didnt even think of looking in the show your rides good idea lol xddd.
Looks like I gotta save up.

But for the meantime I'll keep my tyre pressures up high because it has made it bearable now for some whatever reason I dunno I can't explain that one hehe x d thanks for the ANSWER.
YES.

Skrrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Z Series sv6
Oii maaad thanksss

Oi I didnt even think of looking in the show your rides good idea lol xddd.
Looks like I gotta save up and get coilovers.

But for the meantime I'll keep my tyre pressures up high because it has made it bearable now for some whatever reason I dunno I can't explain that one hehe x d thanks for the ANSWER.
YES.