Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve commodore running rough + engine light

mitchguthrie92

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Berlina 3.6v6
Hi
I have a 07 ve berlina with 230000kms its running rough / misfiring on cold starts and has and engine light on. It seems to run ok once warmed up but engine light stays on any ideas??

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
No mechanic, but I'd suggest O2 sensor would be a good bet..best to get it scanned to find out for sure

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
There are lots of possibilities: O2 sensor, dirty MAF ...

If the engine light is on, there will be error codes in the computer.
You will need to connect a suitable device to the OBD-II connector under the steering wheel to give the codes.
For instance, a Bluetooth (suits Android) or Wi-Fi (suits iOS) adapter and it will give you codes to your smartphone.
Once you have them, post them up here.

Maybe someone from JC in the Albury/Wodonga area will be able to read the codes for you.

... or take it to a mechanic and get it scanned.

dazza23

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve commodore 07 model
hi got a ve commodore 07 model engine light came on when hit a bump on there new roads only go off use trip button so doesnt fix the issue so did aa oil change and reset the battery now all fixed up easy as that save me $$$ these cars nice but they can cost a lot money as mechanic see u have a nice car they think u have money and will target u