Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Conversion Kit

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Storm MY14
Kuzman I read you posts all the time and tend to agree with the majority of things you say.
But in this scenario I think your way off the mark mate. You could not do things cheaply the rta would ensure that with engineering and the rest. And as you said before you mate has not done the engineering yet but what happens if he wishes to sell the car

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
That's true, I'm not sure if he's thought about that. But in saying that, the amount of mods he's done to his car that aren't engineered, he'd have trouble selling it even with an engineered gearbox. I'm not saying it's easy to do, but if it can be done cheaply go for it was all I was getting at.

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
this was discussed no more than a week ago by someone asking the EXACT same question. :banstick:

a) do a search

b) if you're too lazy to search, just the read very first page of posts and you'll find your answer anyway.

not a good start with your first post mate, ignoring forum rules and annoying those that want to help.
Mate I don't know if you remember the first time on a forum, sometimes it takes a while for people to work out where to search etc...so they ask the question to which they seek the answer, albeit sometimes naive questions, but there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers like yours......give the guy a break, it is his first post.....like you stated......not everyone is a computer savvy genius, its a commodore forum after all not a NASA forum.

vivalanathan69

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Commodore
I've just a 6 speed manual gearbox with full conversion kit for $2,450. And it's gonna cost me about $1,000 to put it in.

bonners

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sting SV Black Edition Tourer
I'm interested in hearing if anybody has gone the other way and converted to auto

iUte

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute 328RWkW 3.9 LSD Rip Shifter
Mate I don't know if you remember the first time on a forum, sometimes it takes a while for people to work out where to search etc...so they ask the question to which they seek the answer, albeit sometimes naive questions, but there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers like yours......give the guy a break, it is his first post.....like you stated......not everyone is a computer savvy genius, its a commodore forum after all not a NASA forum.

I agree, UFO needs to take a chill pill, ITS A FORUM, PEOPLE TALK ON FORUMS, THATS WHAT THEY ARE FOR. IF YOU WANT TO WATCH A BLANK SCREEN, THEN STARE AT YOUR LIVING ROOM WALL!

Not everyone is a forum nerd, some of us have sex with girls!