Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ve cranks but refuses to start ?

syked

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 WM Caprice
With removal od drive trains and diff and complete removal of axels and wheels and then the tank is removed and replacement parts fitted . Thinks I will cut a couple of escape hatches in the resr floor panels .
You don't have to remove the axles, wheels and suspension components. You do however have to remove the exhaust, drive shaft and lower the rear K frame

bdedene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Balina V6 auto
Will look at that . Deciding whether to lower the fuel tank in situ . Then with my nibbler cut a reasonable hole in the floor and gain access to the pump that way . Replacing rhe floor with a bigger panel . Regards Bdedene

bdedene

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Balina V6 auto
You don't have to remove the axles, wheels and suspension components. You do however have to remove the exhaust, drive shaft and lower the rear K frame
Thanks for the reply . Still thinking of removing a floor panel big enough to remove the pump and replace with a bigger section of plate . Regards Bdedene

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Thanks for the reply . Still thinking of removing a floor panel big enough to remove the pump and replace with a bigger section of plate . Regards Bdedene

Be careful you don't cut the loom or fuel line,
I have removed the tank in my VE Wagon twice !,
Once because it failed,
Twice because the Repco Fuel Pump was not compatible
So a OEM one was installed.
Below will assist with your project -
https://forums.justcommodores.com.a...ol-unit-reversing-sensor-control-unit.274561/

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
even if you dont have the access under seat (i do ) you dont need to remove all that stuff to change it, not saying a little job, but diffs, axles dont come out, you can do it yourself, there is a service kit (holden tool)which allows you to lower rear frame etc so you can get tank out etc, also have seen guys cut access panel to do it and then put in new ring to car body and then fit a cover, was on here somewhere, best done with a nibbler as the wires and hoses are close to body