Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE front knuckles in a VF?

LJW-SVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ ute 6spd
Odd question, but what would need to be done to fit VE steering knuckles into my S2 VF?

Reason being: I have a set of VE GTS front brakes that I want to fit to it, and I understand that VE/VF front knuckles are different to each other. Also as VEs have steel knuckles compared to aluminium in the VF, there’s a mob in Queensland who do modified knuckles for VEs that offer a fair bit more steering angle, VF knuckles can’t be modified the same way due to being aluminium (I have checked with the company already, they said it can’t be done).

I know at the very least I’ll need to swap to VE front shocks, but what else if anything will also need to be swapped over to run VE parts in a VF

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
I’d see it is as a downgrade

I don’t believe there should be anything stopping it being a bolt off bolt on affair, but as you’ve mentioned you will need new struts.

Why not just get the GTS calipers drilled to accept the larger bolt on the VF knuckle?

LJW-SVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ ute 6spd
I’d see it is as a downgrade

I don’t believe there should be anything stopping it being a bolt off bolt on affair, but as you’ve mentioned you will need new struts.

Why not just get the GTS calipers drilled to accept the larger bolt on the VF knuckle?
I want to do it more or less to be able to use the modified VE knuckles for more steering angle, for both sideways action and more lock in car parks and that kind of thing, lot of tight lots where I live and I’d prefer not to see how strong the curbs are

I’m prepared to swap to VE coilovers anyway, won’t be too tough of a job to do, but wanting to know if there’s anything else that needs to go into it or just swap the shocks and go for it

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
You would also need to change the struts, and both lower control arms to suit

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I want to do it more or less to be able to use the modified VE knuckles for more steering angle, for both sideways action and more lock in car parks and that kind of thing, lot of tight lots where I live and I’d prefer not to see how strong the curbs are
I wouldn't be using drift car knuckles on a road car as it alters the Ackerman angles and effects toe out on turns, ultimately a bad idea.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
VE knuckles are cast steel VF are cast alloy. The ball joint tapers are different.

To use VE knuckles you would have to use VE control arms which are cast steel too where as the VF has alloy arms.

There is no need for any steering angle increase. Any company doing mods to the knuckle is for race applications.