Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE HSV Senator

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
at the moment no one has an ecu tht can run it along with all the other computers in the car.
PCS does one for 6L45/50, 6L80/90 & 8L80. Also Allison 5/6 speed. This link is to PCS (Powertrain Control Systems) in the USA. https://www.powertraincontrolsoluti.../TCM2650_Mechatronic_Transmission_Controller/
Somebody was doing the Allison 10 speed auto? Don't remember who? Lost track & interest after my 6L50 conversion.

Here's the Zero Gravity link for controller & harness. https://www.zerogravityperformance.com/product/tcm-2650-gm-8l90e-transmission-controller-w-harness/
I think best to ask questions if, thinking of going ahead?

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The only thing is in tht stop start freeway bumper to bumper shite is it can get bit tiduios with light flywheel n clutching alot.
Yeah, I'm hearing you there, especially on inclines. I find I have to leave up to two or more car lengths of room sometimes just so you're not riding the clutch.

Mickyinks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve hsv senator
Thanx for the link, ive fired an email off to them and see what comes back... How hard was the 6l50 conversion? The 8l90 will bolt up to the lsx but will have to find out if thts all i need to do, i know ill have to get new tailshaft because its longer than the 6l80 but then again the t56 needed a shorter shaft so will have to see

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanx for the link, ive fired an email off to them and see what comes back... How hard was the 6l50 conversion? The 8l90 will bolt up to the lsx but will have to find out if thts all i need to do, i know ill have to get new tailshaft because its longer than the 6l80 but then again the t56 needed a shorter shaft so will have to see
The 6L50 wasn't to hard to wire up.

Had to get a tune to suit, which was a manual tune, but speed sensors were throwing a code, so had the speed sensor code disabled in the memcal. The speedo was working too. Nothing would happen, just throw a 94 error code.

Had to disable the error code, as if l was driving & threw a code, & l ignored it & wasn't a code 94, was something serious, l could have been in trouble.
3 years later & no problems.

You having a ve, may just need your ecu flashed?

Who did you email?

Mickyinks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve hsv senator
I emailed zero gravity will see wht comes back. If its not to hard ill have a go at the 8 speed but ive gotten used to rowing the gears so itll hv to be an easy get

Mickyinks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve hsv senator
I recieved a reply back from zero gravity bout running an 8l90e trans . They said they can supply all thts necessary .
BUT it wont have torque management and they are concerned about longevity with the 500+rwkw i have.
Dont know how much torque management affects everything but ill do some research

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
I recieved a reply back from zero gravity bout running an 8l90e trans . They said they can supply all thts necessary .
BUT it wont have torque management and they are concerned about longevity with the 500+rwkw i have.
Dont know how much torque management affects everything but ill do some research
They would know. They build race & daily driver trans & gearboxs.

Mickyinks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve hsv senator
After talking to a few people in the states ill give the 8speed a miss, reliability issue when engine mods involved.
WIll be rowing the gears for now, will buy a tr6060mg9 and drop tht in

Mickyinks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve hsv senator
These bad boys showed up . Took them to machine shop so should be up and running soon

Attachments

• LIFTER 1.jpg
    LIFTER 1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 77
  • LIFTER 2.jpg
    LIFTER 2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 80

Mickyinks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve hsv senator
Not far off from getting this back up and running, blocks been machined but had a 3 month wait on lifter bushing, will have them in my hand next week so they should be installed in a fortnight, will have heads back from the states in 3 weeks. I have all the parts to build the motor already. Went a little larger on the cam, 258/272 ,666 lift on a 114+3 .. With the lighter valve train, new porting, it should spin up a little quicker, the new cam will drop the dcr a tad but the porting should pick up the lost torque + some. My guess is 528rwkw... Ill change valve springs in 12 months intervals, hope these mods will get me to 12months ..... As soon as its up n running its off to get fully upholstered, front seats are coming out , new race seats will be upholstered with same leather as rear seats, ne w headlining due to a football sized wasp nest on old headliner pulling it down. Then from upholsterers to auto elec to have the varex mufflers operated from button on dash, sort out anti lock brakes , also have wheel speed sensors looked at coz they r playing up, then from auto elec to audio shop for a floating head unit and small upgrade to speakers. Hopefully all will be done by xmas , fingers crossed....

Reactions: Lex