Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE II CalaisV Park Assist Fault(s)

steery21

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Calais V
Hi Guys,

I'm having ongoing issues with the park assist feature in my CalaisV. I bought the car second hand, and right from when I got it home I noticed the park assist would intermittently fail. It would usually fail first thing in the morning, but after the car (and day) had warmed up, it would sort it self out and be right for the rest of the day.

Reading on this forum, someone mentioned that there was dodgy soldering in the park assist modules that caused them to have intermittent faults when cold. So I pulled out my back seat, got the part number off my module (92221526) and phoned Covs parts for a price. They said that this part had been superseded by a new module part number 92263475. I ordered the new module, ($150) installed it and the system worked flawlessly. So I thought that was it, done and dusted, Holden had a new park assist module without the faults and I could reverse park in confidence.....until today.

As of this afternoon, the park assist system in my car is completely dead. As soon as you select reverse or drive, the dash displays "park assist fault", there are no beeps, and no image on the Holden IQ screen.

So tomorrow I am going to install the original module back in the car, but I would like to know if there is any other place I should be looking.

Is there just the one module for the park assist system on the rear parcel shelf, or is there another one for the front sensors?
Also, if anyone has a wiring diagram of the VE Calais park assist system, this would be greatly appreciated.

I have already checked the fuse and all the parking sensors on the bumpers for damage and they are all fine. I've tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes to reset the system but this did not work either. I also tried holding down the park assist button on the dash as I read somewhere that this resets the system, but all it does it make the light flash.

Thanks in advance.

PS - I owned a VZ Calais for 8 years before this car and the parking sensors worked flawlessly.

steery21

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Calais V
Looks like the new module has gone faulty. I put the original one back in (the one that doesn't like cold mornings) and the system is working again. Hopefully holden parts come with more than an 8 week warranty.

Also found a plug with nothing plugged into it, one of my subs. After some searching I found the cable and the difference in bass is off the chart. From where I found the cable, I would guess that it came out of the factory unplugged

philv

Reaction score
Looks like the new module has gone faulty. I put the original one back in (the one that doesn't like cold mornings) and the system is working again. Hopefully holden parts come with more than an 8 week warranty.

Also found a plug with nothing plugged into it, one of my subs. After some searching I found the cable and the difference in bass is off the chart. From where I found the cable, I would guess that it came out of the factory unplugged

Hi Steery
Did you ever fix the park assist problem?
Ive had my VE 6Ltr Calais V international for 10 years now and love it,but the park assist stopped working about 3 months ago,dont get any
beep or bars on the screen.
I changed the module in the rear parcel shelf believing that it was the problem but no good.
Cheers Phil

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
He hasn`t been on here for 4 yrs.
Send him PM.
Og6ZraC.png

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Hi Steery
Did you ever fix the park assist problem?
Ive had my VE 6Ltr Calais V international for 10 years now and love it,but the park assist stopped working about 3 months ago,dont get any
beep or bars on the screen.
I changed the module in the rear parcel shelf believing that it was the problem but no good.
Cheers Phil

Fuses ok ?

philv

Reaction score
Fuse is ok unless there is another one that is somewhere that I haven't found for front and rear park assist.
Does anyone know what activates the power when reverse is selected
Cheers

Peter Meixner

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 calaisv sedan 6speed auto l76
Hey, i have a 2009 calaisv with same park assist fault, I bought a scan tool foxwell brand thru repco thinking that because the dash said fault i could investigate with tool, i have since [worked out that the check engine light on is the only time you can expand, check, diagnose,repair and clear faults. However, my owners handbook says that with the park brake applied the dual park assist (front and rear) will not activate when a gear is selected, my park assist goes into fault with park brake applied, symbol on dash, i will get a parts picture of park brake switch to determine if this switch is a 5 wire switch, 2 for light, and others for body control module,

I'm having ongoing issues with the park assist feature in my CalaisV. I bought the car second hand, and right from when I got it home I noticed the park assist would intermittently fail. It would usually fail first thing in the morning, but after the car (and day) had warmed up, it would sort it self out and be right for the rest of the day.

Reading on this forum, someone mentioned that there was dodgy soldering in the park assist modules that caused them to have intermittent faults when cold. So I pulled out my back seat, got the part number off my module (92221526) and phoned Covs parts for a price. They said that this part had been superseded by a new module part number 92263475. I ordered the new module, ($150) installed it and the system worked flawlessly. So I thought that was it, done and dusted, Holden had a new park assist module without the faults and I could reverse park in confidence.....until today.

As of this afternoon, the park assist system in my car is completely dead. As soon as you select reverse or drive, the dash displays "park assist fault", there are no beeps, and no image on the Holden IQ screen.

So tomorrow I am going to install the original module back in the car, but I would like to know if there is any other place I should be looking.

Is there just the one module for the park assist system on the rear parcel shelf, or is there another one for the front sensors?
Also, if anyone has a wiring diagram of the VE Calais park assist system, this would be greatly appreciated.

I have already checked the fuse and all the parking sensors on the bumpers for damage and they are all fine. I've tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes to reset the system but this did not work either. I also tried holding down the park assist button on the dash as I read somewhere that this resets the system, but all it does it make the light flash.

Thanks in advance.

PS - I owned a VZ Calais for 8 years before this car and the parking sensors worked flawlessly.[/QUOTE]

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Maybe check all the Sensor Plugs,
Where they could of either dislodged and not connecting correctly due to vibration,
or there is moister/condensation in one of the plugs/connectors,
taking into account, all the plugs are external and would be subject to extreme conditions,
Maybe unplug each one and check the terminals in the event one of them could be corroded, which would signal a malfunction on one of the sensors,
The Rear sensor loom is located behind the left side bumper cover, that exits the body under the battery, and the sensor plugs are up under the bumper cover of each sensor.

jdsaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 2011 Series II Sedan
I recently purchased my vehicle and one of the sensors is missing from the back bumper, I get the park assist fail message most days, I’m wondering if this is why, it’s obviously my first point of attack to resolve the problem but I’m unsure what they’d be worth to replace, any ideas?

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I recently purchased my vehicle and one of the sensors is missing from the back bumper, I get the park assist fail message most days, I’m wondering if this is why, it’s obviously my first point of attack to resolve the problem but I’m unsure what they’d be worth to replace, any ideas?
If purchased from dealer - take it back to get fixed at no charge to you. I recall you have other problems with this car elsewhere on this forum.
https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/consumer-guarantees